Re: [S-R] Re: Stephen Antol - Uloza Slovakia

  • Jane Murray
    Message 1 of 19 , May 11, 2012
      Thanks to all, found several Antol's (sometimes spelled Antal), many, many Motika's in Zavada and Uloza.  It will take me quite awhile to match who goes with who. Too many Thomas, Michael, Joanes, & Jacob's for the late 1700's to early 1800's the women had no last name listed. I am using color highlighters to separate the names at this point, probably should make an excel spreadsheet. I still have over 400 pages to look at, but am very encouraged with the results thus far.

      As for Nobles, that fact has not been discovered yet.

      I do have one question, on Catholic records for Zavada, page 126, listing for Jabob Antal & Maria Reparszky, the town is NOT Uloza or Zavada.  It starts with an "A"  Is that a town or a notation of some other meaning?

      Jane  -  Thank you!

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 19 , May 11, 2012
        Jane,
        Your question on Jabob Antal and Maria Reparszky is not clear; which page and line are you exactly referring for question? In the places when the scribe writes Superius or Amodium he then lists another village, which means that the person is from or moving to that village.

      • Jane Murray
        Message 3 of 19 , May 12, 2012
          Curt,
          Yes, that is what is written the term "Amodium  Sup Leusc (?) Uloza", I cannot make out the word with the "Leus..."  Does that mean they moved to Uloza or from Uloza?  Sorry for the confusion.   Jane

          ________________________________
          Your question on Jabob Antal and Maria Reparszky is not clear; which page and line are you exactly referring for question? In the places when the scribe writes Superius or Amodium he then lists another village, which means that the person is from or moving to that village.

          Curt B../--- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Jane Murray <jmurray6475@...> wrote:

          > Thanks to all, found several Antol's (sometimes spelled Antal), many, many Motika's in Zavada and Uloza.  It will take me quite awhile to match who goes with who. Too many Thomas, Michael, Joanes, & Jacob's for the late 1700's to early 1800's the women had no last name listed. I am using color highlighters to separate the names at this point, probably should make an excel spreadsheet. I still have over 400 pages to look at, but am very encouraged with the results thus far.
          >
          > As for Nobles, that fact has not been discovered yet.
          >
          > I do have one question, on Catholic records for Zavada, page 126, listing for Jabob Antal & Maria Reparszky, the town is NOT Uloza or Zavada.  It starts with an "A"  Is that a town or a notation of some other meaning?
          >
          > Jane  -  Thank you!

        • CurtB
          Message 4 of 19 , May 12, 2012
            Jane,
            No, that one means that the person moved here, Uloza, from previous residence at Leutschau, the German name for Levoca.