Re: Gajary

  • sbrdude86
    Message 1 of 11 , May 10, 2012
      Hi Karen

      My Name is David Lehocky.
      If you run across the Name Stephan or (stefan) Lehocky born june 10 1868. I am not sure if He was married to Anna prior to crossing the big pond.
      please post any info you may find.

      Thanks for the offer and have a great time.

      Dave
      near Chicago

    • david1law@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , May 10, 2012
        Dear David:

        Hello! Do you have any relatives in Ohio? I am related to a Paul Lehocky
        family which lived in the Akron, Ohio area. If my memory is correct, Paul
        Lehocky, Sr., worked at Goodyear, his wife was a cook for the famous
        Firestone family, and their son, Paul Lehocky Jr. was a P-38 pilot in World War
        II.

        Please feel free to write me directly at _David1Law@..._
        (mailto:David1Law@...) (the "1" is a "one").

        Best regards,

        David Michael Baloga

        Researching the village of ROZNAVA in GEMER County // the villages of
        DOMANOVCE, HRISOVCE, KIS SZALOK, KALAVA, KOLONOCZ, KLUKNAVA, MLYNICA, RICHNAVA,
        SPISSKE VLACHY, STARY SMOKOVEC, SLATVINA, in SPIS County // the villages of
        DOLINA, OVCIE, SIROKE, AND VITAZ in SARIS County the following surnames:
        BALOGA (BALOG, BALOGH), BELAK, BUXAR (BUKSAR) CSUJ (CUJ), HAMRAK, HARBALY,
        HARENCSAR, HRONEC, HVIZDOS, JURASKO, KAFFAN, KISSEL, KOVALCIK, KREDATUS,
        ONDERCIN, RUSZBACZKY, TAKACS, TOMASOV, and variant spellings thereof. Also
        KUBIT, MOSKAL, ZAJDEL, WALASZCZYK, KOSIBA in BIALOBRZEGI, SUCHODOL, GLOWIENKA,
        and KROSNO, POLAND.

        --- In _SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com)
        , K <zawrazky@...> wrote:

        > Hi Karen,
        > I hate to impose, but if you could look into my family I would really
        appreciate it! My family name Zavratsky.
        > Thank you so much!!!!
        > Kevin
        >
        > On May 9, 2012, at 12:24 AM, "Karen" <trixielixir@yahoo mich.com> wrote:
        >
        > > Hi all, haven't checked in for a while but thought I'd throw this out
        there. I'll be in Slovakia next week. I'm staying with family in Bratislava
        but we'll be visiting our ancestral village of Gajary. As I'm searching my
        own family, if any of you have a name to look into, I'd be happy to do so.

        > > TODAY(Beta) • Powered by Yahoo!
        > > Classic 1990s video game is free to play
        > > Privacy Policy

      • Karen
        Message 3 of 11 , May 10, 2012
          Hi Dave, I just took a quick look at the films and found Stephan Lichovsky born on that date. I'll look out for the name while I'm "grave digging" as my boyfriend calls it!

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "sbrdude86" <sbrdude86@...> wrote:

          > Hi Karen
          >
          > My Name is David Lehocky.
          > If you run across the Name Stephan or (stefan) Lehocky born june 10 1868. I am not sure if He was married to Anna prior to crossing the big pond.
          > please post any info you may find.
          >
          > Thanks for the offer and have a great time.
          >
          > Dave
          > near Chicago
          >

          > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, K <zawrazky@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Karen,
          > > I hate to impose, but if you could look into my family I would really appreciate it! My family name Zavratsky.
          > > Thank you so much!!!!
          > > Kevin
          > >
          > > On May 9, 2012, at 12:24 AM, "Karen" <trixielixir@yahoo mich.com> wrote:
          > >
          > > > Hi all, haven't checked in for a while but thought I'd throw this out there. I'll be in Slovakia next week. I'm staying with family in Bratislava but we'll be visiting our ancestral village of Gajary. As I'm searching my own family, if any of you have a name to look into, I'd be happy to do so.
          > > >

          > > > TODAY(Beta) • Powered by Yahoo!
          > > > Classic 1990s video game is free to play
          > > > Privacy Policy

        • sbrdude86
          Message 4 of 11 , May 10, 2012
            That is awesome. thank you for that info you found already.
            I wondered what the spelling was changed from.
            Dave Lehocky

            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Karen" <trixielixir@...> wrote:

            > Hi Dave, I just took a quick look at the films and found Stephan Lichovsky born on that date. I'll look out for the name while I'm "grave digging" as my boyfriend calls it!
            >
            > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "sbrdude86" <sbrdude86@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Karen
            > >
            > > My Name is David Lehocky.
            > > If you run across the Name Stephan or (stefan) Lehocky born june 10 1868. I am not sure if He was married to Anna prior to crossing the big pond.
            > > please post any info you may find.
            > >
            > > Thanks for the offer and have a great time.
            > >
            > > Dave
            > > near Chicago
            > >

            > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, K <zawrazky@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi Karen,
            > > > I hate to impose, but if you could look into my family I would really appreciate it! My family name Zavratsky.
            > > > Thank you so much!!!!
            > > > Kevin

          • Karen Kosky
            Message 5 of 11 , May 10, 2012
              Dave go to familysearch.org. I'm on my phone or I'd link you. Europe-Slovakia-Malacky-Gajary. It will take some getting used to but once you get the hang of it you'll find a wealth of info on your ancestors.

              Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

            • sbrdude86
              Message 6 of 11 , May 10, 2012
                Hi Dave

                I don't think so. What I know is that my Great grandfather was Stefan Lehocky born june 10 1868 In Gajare Slovakia (town spelled that way in the guest book from the funeral home)
                Married to Anna and had one daughter Eva. Four sons. Michael,Stefan Jr(my Grandfather) Andrew and Cyril ( cyril was in slovakia still at the time of Anna's passing)
                They are all buried at Resurrection cemetery. yes the Cemetery of the ghost story resurrection Mary.

                Dave