Re: Gajary

  • Karen
    Message 1 of 11 , May 9, 2012
      Not a problem. I'll be poking around the cemetery so if I come across the name, I'll take photos. I'm also going to inquire if there are any records beyond the 1895 films that I can look at and try to find some seniors to chat with.

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, K <zawrazky@...> wrote:

      > Hi Karen,
      > I hate to impose, but if you could look into my family I would really appreciate it! My family name Zavratsky.
      > Thank you so much!!!!
      > Kevin
      >
      > On May 9, 2012, at 12:24 AM, "Karen" <trixielixir@yahoo mich.com> wrote:
      >
      > > Hi all, haven't checked in for a while but thought I'd throw this out there. I'll be in Slovakia next week. I'm staying with family in Bratislava but we'll be visiting our ancestral village of Gajary. As I'm searching my own family, if any of you have a name to look into, I'd be happy to do so.
      > >

      > > TODAY(Beta) • Powered by Yahoo!
      > > Classic 1990s video game is free to play
      > > Privacy Policy

    • sbrdude86
      Message 2 of 11 , May 10, 2012
        Hi Karen

        My Name is David Lehocky.
        If you run across the Name Stephan or (stefan) Lehocky born june 10 1868. I am not sure if He was married to Anna prior to crossing the big pond.
        please post any info you may find.

        Thanks for the offer and have a great time.

        Dave
        near Chicago

      • david1law@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , May 10, 2012
          Dear David:

          Hello! Do you have any relatives in Ohio? I am related to a Paul Lehocky
          family which lived in the Akron, Ohio area. If my memory is correct, Paul
          Lehocky, Sr., worked at Goodyear, his wife was a cook for the famous
          Firestone family, and their son, Paul Lehocky Jr. was a P-38 pilot in World War
          II.

          Please feel free to write me directly at _David1Law@..._
          (mailto:David1Law@...) (the "1" is a "one").

          Best regards,

          David Michael Baloga

          Researching the village of ROZNAVA in GEMER County // the villages of
          DOMANOVCE, HRISOVCE, KIS SZALOK, KALAVA, KOLONOCZ, KLUKNAVA, MLYNICA, RICHNAVA,
          SPISSKE VLACHY, STARY SMOKOVEC, SLATVINA, in SPIS County // the villages of
          DOLINA, OVCIE, SIROKE, AND VITAZ in SARIS County the following surnames:
          BALOGA (BALOG, BALOGH), BELAK, BUXAR (BUKSAR) CSUJ (CUJ), HAMRAK, HARBALY,
          HARENCSAR, HRONEC, HVIZDOS, JURASKO, KAFFAN, KISSEL, KOVALCIK, KREDATUS,
          ONDERCIN, RUSZBACZKY, TAKACS, TOMASOV, and variant spellings thereof. Also
          KUBIT, MOSKAL, ZAJDEL, WALASZCZYK, KOSIBA in BIALOBRZEGI, SUCHODOL, GLOWIENKA,
          and KROSNO, POLAND.

          --- In _SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com)
          , K <zawrazky@...> wrote:

          > Hi Karen,
          > I hate to impose, but if you could look into my family I would really
          appreciate it! My family name Zavratsky.
          > Thank you so much!!!!
          > Kevin
          >
          > On May 9, 2012, at 12:24 AM, "Karen" <trixielixir@yahoo mich.com> wrote:
          >
          > > Hi all, haven't checked in for a while but thought I'd throw this out
          there. I'll be in Slovakia next week. I'm staying with family in Bratislava
          but we'll be visiting our ancestral village of Gajary. As I'm searching my
          own family, if any of you have a name to look into, I'd be happy to do so.

          > > TODAY(Beta) • Powered by Yahoo!
          > > Classic 1990s video game is free to play
          > > Privacy Policy

        • Karen
          Message 4 of 11 , May 10, 2012
            Hi Dave, I just took a quick look at the films and found Stephan Lichovsky born on that date. I'll look out for the name while I'm "grave digging" as my boyfriend calls it!

            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "sbrdude86" <sbrdude86@...> wrote:

            > Hi Karen
            >
            > My Name is David Lehocky.
            > If you run across the Name Stephan or (stefan) Lehocky born june 10 1868. I am not sure if He was married to Anna prior to crossing the big pond.
            > please post any info you may find.
            >
            > Thanks for the offer and have a great time.
            >
            > Dave
            > near Chicago
            >

            > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, K <zawrazky@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Karen,
            > > I hate to impose, but if you could look into my family I would really appreciate it! My family name Zavratsky.
            > > Thank you so much!!!!
            > > Kevin
            > >
            > > On May 9, 2012, at 12:24 AM, "Karen" <trixielixir@yahoo mich.com> wrote:
            > >
            > > > Hi all, haven't checked in for a while but thought I'd throw this out there. I'll be in Slovakia next week. I'm staying with family in Bratislava but we'll be visiting our ancestral village of Gajary. As I'm searching my own family, if any of you have a name to look into, I'd be happy to do so.
            > > >

            > > > TODAY(Beta) • Powered by Yahoo!
            > > > Classic 1990s video game is free to play
            > > > Privacy Policy

          • sbrdude86
            Message 5 of 11 , May 10, 2012
              That is awesome. thank you for that info you found already.
              I wondered what the spelling was changed from.
              Dave Lehocky

              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Karen" <trixielixir@...> wrote:

              > Hi Dave, I just took a quick look at the films and found Stephan Lichovsky born on that date. I'll look out for the name while I'm "grave digging" as my boyfriend calls it!
              >
              > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "sbrdude86" <sbrdude86@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi Karen
              > >
              > > My Name is David Lehocky.
              > > If you run across the Name Stephan or (stefan) Lehocky born june 10 1868. I am not sure if He was married to Anna prior to crossing the big pond.
              > > please post any info you may find.
              > >
              > > Thanks for the offer and have a great time.
              > >
              > > Dave
              > > near Chicago
              > >

              > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, K <zawrazky@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Hi Karen,
              > > > I hate to impose, but if you could look into my family I would really appreciate it! My family name Zavratsky.
              > > > Thank you so much!!!!
              > > > Kevin

            • Karen Kosky
              Message 6 of 11 , May 10, 2012
                Dave go to familysearch.org. I'm on my phone or I'd link you. Europe-Slovakia-Malacky-Gajary. It will take some getting used to but once you get the hang of it you'll find a wealth of info on your ancestors.

                Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

              • sbrdude86
                Message 7 of 11 , May 10, 2012
                  Hi Dave

                  I don't think so. What I know is that my Great grandfather was Stefan Lehocky born june 10 1868 In Gajare Slovakia (town spelled that way in the guest book from the funeral home)
                  Married to Anna and had one daughter Eva. Four sons. Michael,Stefan Jr(my Grandfather) Andrew and Cyril ( cyril was in slovakia still at the time of Anna's passing)
                  They are all buried at Resurrection cemetery. yes the Cemetery of the ghost story resurrection Mary.

                  Dave