Re: [S-R] Latin meaning MARAFKO death record 1831

  • htcstech
    Message 1 of 5 , May 3, 2012
      Thanks all.
      One of the few words that have moved from Hungarian to Latin. Although it
      would be to Ecclesiastical Latin.
      Originally an armed cattle driver, later a foot soldier fighting against
      the Turks, sometimes mercenary. The occupation changed meaning as time went
      on and from country to country. One Hungarian reported that in later times
      they were employed in estates, partially to make sure work was being done.
      Not a popular person by some accounts.

      Peter M.