Re: [S-R] Domicella Maria Kesmarszky

  • Jane Murray
    Message 1 of 13 , May 1, 2012
      In my many years that I have been researching my family, the first place I always contacted was the Church.  I have come across some very helpful rectories that are willing to let you look at records, and some very hostile priest that refuse any searching.  I have always in all cases made a donation to the Church for their assistance; besides money it could include lunch, flowers, and in one case "several" bottles of good red wine.  One priest at Polish St. Roche's RC Church in Johnstown Pa actually yelled at me for digging into confidential material that no one should have access to. I am going to send a letter to the churches in Slovakia where my ancestors lived, if they respond I will be grateful; if they do not, I close that book. Jane