Re: [S-R] Translation

  • Ron Matviyak
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 7, 2001
      Let us try that as German or "Sudeten Deutsch":

      > Der Romischen: the Roman

      > Dieses Bescheinial Dass: this certifies that:

      > Katholischen Kirche: Catholic Church.

      > verrinigt united

      mirdon int: ???
      mit dir with you ?

      Can you make it out a bit better or put it in context?

      ROn
    • Dr. Joe Q
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 27, 2003
        It is Hungarian:

        a'gosti = Evangelical
        kereszlele'si = "has to do with" baptism
        anyako"yvek = record

        It would be useful to know what you think the document is. However, I
        cannot help you much more.

        Dr. "Q"

        Richard Svagerko wrote:

        >I have found some old papers that I do not have any idea what they
        >are. I tried several words in a translation dictionary but it would
        >not translate. Can someone give me some help? The paper that I
        >found was in very bad shape and needed to be pieced together. I did
        >scan it (to the best of my ability) and have saved it as a JPG but
        >understand that I cannot attach it to a posting so here is a little
        >of what is printed on the paper...
        >KIVONAT
        >a'gost. hitv. evang. egyha'z kereszlele'si anyko"nyve'bo"l.
        >a szu";ete"snek a kereszteltete'snek neve neme to"r-ve'nyes
        >to"r-ve'ny-telen szu"le'k neve, vallsa e's a'llapota Lakhely a
        >ha'z sza'ma'val Keresztatya'k e's anya'k neve, a'llapota
        >Keresztelo" lelke'sz neve Jegyzete
        >Hogy ezen kivonat az anyko"nyvi eredeti czikkel szo'ro'l szo'ra
        >megegyez, nel saja't nevem ala'ira'sa'val s az egya'z pecse'tje'vel
        >bizonyitom.
        >Ko"tet Szaka Lap Ezer
        >
        >This is most of the printed items on the paper. There is a lot of
        >handwritten items but it is very hard to read. Thanks!!
        >
        >If you would like to look at a JPG image of the paper please write
        >to me direct and I will attach it to a reply.
        >
        >Richard R. Svagerko

      • Richard & Mary Ann Svagerko
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 27, 2003
          I thought it might have been a birth certificate at first because it has a date of 1899 but was signed Sept. 18th 1903 (maybe a copy for entry into the U.S.?) But I don't see any names that I would recognize. I could send you a copy as an attachment if you think that it would help?

          Rich Svagerko

          Richard Svagerko wrote:

          >I have found some old papers that I do not have any idea what they
          >are. I tried several words in a translation dictionary but it would
          >not translate. Can someone give me some help? The paper that I
          >found was in very bad shape and needed to be pieced together. I did
          >scan it (to the best of my ability) and have saved it as a JPG but
          >understand that I cannot attach it to a posting so here is a little
          >of what is printed on the paper...
          >KIVONAT
          >a'gost. hitv. evang. egyha'z kereszlele'si anyko"nyve'bo"l.
          >a szu";ete"snek a kereszteltete'snek neve neme to"r-ve'nyes
          >to"r-ve'ny-telen szu"le'k neve, vallsa e's a'llapota Lakhely a
          >ha'z sza'ma'val Keresztatya'k e's anya'k neve, a'llapota
          >Keresztelo" lelke'sz neve Jegyzete
          >Hogy ezen kivonat az anyko"nyvi eredeti czikkel szo'ro'l szo'ra
          >megegyez, nel saja't nevem ala'ira'sa'val s az egya'z pecse'tje'vel
          >bizonyitom.
          >Ko"tet Szaka Lap Ezer
          >
          >This is most of the printed items on the paper. There is a lot of
          >handwritten items but it is very hard to read. Thanks!!
          >
          >If you would like to look at a JPG image of the paper please write
          >to me direct and I will attach it to a reply.
          >
          >Richard R. Svagerko

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • John M,
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 27, 2003
            At 03:42 PM 1/27/2003 -0500, you wrote:
            >I thought it might have been a birth certificate at first because it has a
            >date of 1899 but was signed Sept. 18th 1903 (maybe a copy for entry into
            >the U.S.?) But I don't see any names that I would recognize. I could
            >send you a copy as an attachment if you think that it would help?
            >
            >Rich Svagerko

            You can also upload it to the photo section of Slovak-Roots and list
            members can view it there.

            John M
          • Andrea Vangor
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 27, 2003
              This is Hungarian. You might be able to decipher it, word by word, using an
              on-line English-Hungarian dictionary.

              > I have found some old papers that I do not have any idea what they
              > are. I tried several words in a translation dictionary but it would
              > not translate. Can someone give me some help? The paper that I
              > found was in very bad shape and needed to be pieced together. I did
              > scan it (to the best of my ability) and have saved it as a JPG but
              > understand that I cannot attach it to a posting so here is a little
              > of what is printed on the paper...
              > KIVONAT
              > a'gost. hitv. evang. egyha'z kereszlele'si anyko"nyve'bo"l.
              > a szu";ete"snek a kereszteltete'snek neve neme to"r-ve'nyes
              > to"r-ve'ny-telen szu"le'k neve, vallsa e's a'llapota Lakhely a
              > ha'z sza'ma'val Keresztatya'k e's anya'k neve, a'llapota
              > Keresztelo" lelke'sz neve Jegyzete
              > Hogy ezen kivonat az anyko"nyvi eredeti czikkel szo'ro'l szo'ra
              > megegyez, nel saja't nevem ala'ira'sa'val s az egya'z pecse'tje'vel
              > bizonyitom.
              > Ko"tet Szaka Lap Ezer
              >
              > This is most of the printed items on the paper. There is a lot of
              > handwritten items but it is very hard to read. Thanks!!
              >
              > If you would like to look at a JPG image of the paper please write
              > to me direct and I will attach it to a reply.
              >
              > Richard R. Svagerko

            • Richard & Mary Ann Svagerko
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 27, 2003
                OK, I think I uploaded the certificate into the photo section of Slovak-Roots. One image is named Kivonat and the other is Svagdoc2. I hope you can read it (in full screen). Thanks!
                >I thought it might have been a birth certificate at first because it has a
                >date of 1899 but was signed Sept. 18th 1903 (maybe a copy for entry into
                >the U.S.?) But I don't see any names that I would recognize. I could
                >send you a copy as an attachment if you think that it would help?
                >
                >Rich Svagerko

                You can also upload it to the photo section of Slovak-Roots and list
                members can view it there.

                John M

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              • Doris W.
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 27, 2003
                  How does one get into the photo section of Sovak Roots?

                  Doris
                • John M,
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 27, 2003
                    At 04:39 PM 1/27/2003 -0500, you wrote:
                    >OK, I think I uploaded the certificate into the photo section of
                    >Slovak-Roots. One image is named Kivonat and the other is Svagdoc2. I
                    >hope you can read it (in full screen). Thanks!

                    It is a birth certificate. Unfortunately it was probably not uploaded at
                    maximum size. When I downloaded them, I tried to magnify them but the
                    resolution was too poor to read. It lists the child, parents and
                    godparents plus other information. The headings are in Hungarian and you
                    can find interpretations of the headings at : http://www.bmi.net/jjaso/

                    John M.
                  • chris brazington
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 27, 2003
                      --

                    • yawho2001 <jmatsko4@comcast.net>
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jan 27, 2003
                        This post came through with no new message. Was there supposed to be
                        one?

                        John M

                        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "chris brazington"

                        Message 11 of 16 , Jan 27, 2003
                          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Doris W." <midwig@p...> wrote:
                          > How does one get into the photo section of Sovak Roots?
                          >
                          > Doris

                          on "Photo" on the left.

                          John M.
                        • Armata, Joseph R. (JArmata)
                          Message 12 of 16 , Sep 24 5:14 PM
                            Hi Peggy! It says:

                            I found your contact on the SGHS page, and perhaps can help you with your
                            genealogy, of course after solving the language barrier. My field is the
                            genealogy of Eastern Slovakia. I look forward to working together.
                            Greetings, Eva Jackova

                            Joe A.

                            Message 13 of 16 , Sep 24 6:58 PM
                              Hi Joe:

                              I can't thank you enough for translating the message, it was really nice of
                              you and will not be forgotten. I don't recall what SGHS is or which
                              ancestor I was inquiring about, if not all. I am sure I did post a message
                              to SGHS but that must have been many moons ago.

                              Thanks again

                              Peggy

                              Message 14 of 16 , Sep 24 8:14 PM
                                Peggy,
                                i too received a message from eva jackova regarding Slovakia and i do not
                                know who she is. she knew where i was heading and offered advice about
                                translation.
                                i do not know Slovak fluently enough to read her post but felt she was trying
                                to give me good advice.
                                does anyone know if she is on the email list?
                                noreen

                                Message 15 of 16 , Sep 25 3:21 AM
                                  It appears to me that she is a new genealogist-for-hire trying to drum up
                                  business.

                                  ______________
                                  Bill Tarkulich

                                  i too received a message from eva jackova regarding Slovakia and i do not
                                  know who she is. she knew where i was heading and offered advice about
                                  translation.
                                  i do not know Slovak fluently enough to read her post but felt she was
                                  trying
                                  to give me good advice.
                                  does anyone know if she is on the email list?
                                  noreen

                                  Yahoo! Groups Links
                                • peggy leva