Re: Translation

  • Judy (& Dr. Joe) Quashnock
    Message 1 of 59 , Mar 4, 2001
      It is German:

      Hello Greetings from Lake Constance (Bodensee)

      is it really "es grüßt"? and not "es gibt" for "there is"?

      regardless, it is a salutation sent from Lake Constance by Anton on February
      6, 1964.

      Is there anything more or was this on a post card?

      Dr. "Q"

      Lanny Walker wrote:

      > Can anyone translate this message for me.
      >
      > My GGrandmother was Ezrsbet Stross lived in Ujbanya, Hungary (Nova Bana,
      > Slovakia) in 1881.
      >
      > Any help greatly appreciated.
      >
      > Thanks ,
      > Lanny Walker

    • MGMojher
      Message 59 of 59 , Jan 19, 2016
        Jill,
            Go to the Slovak-Roots website. Check-in. Near the top is a bar that has the word Photos and a camera. Click on that. On the right are the words Actions and New Album. A box for up loading photos will come up.
        Sent: Monday, January 18, 2016 8:57 PM
        Subject: [S-R] Translation

        Hi what is the best way to post a picture for translation? Is it best to send it to someone directly? It will drop off the post here, eh, if I attach it?

        I have a baptismal record that I have attempted to translate (I don't know Slovakian) and one of the items in the church record book is difficult.

        Best Regards,
        Jill A Baty