Re: Shudick research

  • frankur@att.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4 1:51 PM
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., miriamtkach@a... wrote:
      > Dear Kate,
      >
      > Yes. My grandfather and your grandfather were first cousins.
      > The Shudicks were Roman Catholic in Slovakia. I'll try to find the
      > four Shudick siblings in Ohradzany (one of the brothers was the
      > father of John Shudick Sr. and one of the sisters was the mother of
      > my grandfather Andy Tkach Klich). These four Shudicks were born
      > probably between 1858 and 1875. If the records are in good order, I
      > should find the parents and the grandparents of the four Shudick
      > siblings. I know that one of the Shudick siblings in Ohradzany--who
      > was an aunt of both your grandfather and my grandfather--was a
      > seamstress who remained single. She had some health problem and
      > walked with a limp. The lady at the Morman Research Center said
      that
      > the microfilms I ordered should come in within 2-4 weeks. I'll keep
      > you posted.
      >
      > Sincerely,
      > Mary Jo

      ahoj Mary Jo

      Shudick would be the post-emigration surname spelling.
      Some emigrants changes names after arrival in the U.S.

      You want S^udik spelled with the Slovak diacritic letter S^ = Sh.

      The Slovakia telephone directory lists 3 surname S^udik under
      Humenné.
      Directory also lists 4 surnames S^udik under Ohradzany (Sv)
      formerly Göröginye (H)

      Frank Kurcina