Re: [S-R] Names in small towns

  • htcstech
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 23, 2012
      Tom,
      What helped me to 'decode' and find family members were memorials to the
      dead of WW1 and WW2 which were there in cemeteries. These had names of the
      fallen with the year of death. Some of these memorials were in the town
      church or administration centres as well.
      These are well looked after by the community, the administration and/or the
      church.

      I found them here, which has a village list and photos, but *only* applies
      to ethnic Hungarian towns and villages in the south of Slovakia:
      http://www.foruminst.sk/en/66/visual_bilingualism/0/research_on_usage_of_hungarian_language_in_southern_slovakia
      Just pick a town in the Filter (place) drop down list, then War Memorials
      in the Type list. A picture thumbnail(s) should appear.that can be clicked
      on to magnify.
      Helped me a lot. Gave me clues to other lines of research.

      Peter M.