Re: [S-R] 1940 us census

  • jerubasky1
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 14, 2012
      I'm still having trouble in looking for My Great-Grandfather in the 1940 US Census. In 1930 US Census list that he was living at 1228 3rd Street in North Catasauqua and Catasuqua in Northampton County. I found his sister and My Great-Grandmother brother and his family members in the same area. My Great-Grandfather lived in this area until his death on 4 March 1942. I have looked at all sites. Still No luck.

      JoAnne

      > http://records.ancestry.com/Joseph_Rubacky_records.ashx?pid=25570935
      >
      > http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=14769932
      >
      > Rubacky [Ruhbahts-kee]  Hungarian spelling Rubatczky.
      >

      > ________________________________

    • triciadprice
      Message 2 of 10 , May 11, 2013
        I don't live far from there. Would you like me to take a picture? The house may still exist. Do you know the religion? There are several churches in that neighborhood. Could someone be buried in Calvery Cemetary or Holy Trinity Cemetary?

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "jerubasky1" <jerubasky1@...> wrote:

        > I'm still having trouble in looking for My Great-Grandfather in the 1940 US Census. In 1930 US Census list that he was living at 1228 3rd Street in North Catasauqua and Catasuqua in Northampton County. I found his sister and My Great-Grandmother brother and his family members in the same area. My Great-Grandfather lived in this area until his death on 4 March 1942. I have looked at all sites. Still No luck.
        >
        > JoAnne
        >
        > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "William C. Wormuth" <senzus@> wrote:
        > >
        > > http://records.ancestry.com/Joseph_Rubacky_records.ashx?pid=25570935
        > >
        > > http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=14769932
        > >
        > > Rubacky [Ruhbahts-kee]  Hungarian spelling Rubatczky.

      • Eileen Williams
        Message 3 of 10 , May 13, 2013
          I live about 3 blocks from your great grandparents  home. Would you like me to take a picture of it? If they were Catholic, they most likely belonged to St Andrews (known as the Slovak church) which is also on 3rd Street. There is a cemetery too. Would
          you like me to check it out for you?
          Eileen