correct spelling?

  • therrienmaryann
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 13, 2012
      Hi,could I get the correct spelling and other names for "Nagykufaloff" or "Nagykunchfaly" Thank you! Mary Ann
    • Sue Martin
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 14, 2012
        It seems to be Nagykuncfalva, which became Helczmanócz or Helcmanoc in 1892. In Slovak it is Helcmanovce, and in German it's Helcmanowitz. It's in Szepes county in Banya. Current population is 1450 Slovak and 90 Romany.

        Sue

        Hi,could I get the correct spelling and other names for "Nagykufaloff" or "Nagykunchfaly" Thank you! Mary Ann

      • William C. Wormuth
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 14, 2012
          Hi,

          Youbetcha!

          Z Bohom,

          Vilo

          NAGYKÚNCHFALU - HELMANOVCE

          1297 - Cuncz, 1326 - Kunchfalva, 1374 - Villa Henchmani, 1773 - Helmanczmanowcze,Hungarian - Helcmanócz, Nagykúnfalu, German - Hansdorf.

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 14, 2012
            Thank you Sue!!

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 14, 2012
              NAGYKÚNCHFALU - HELMANOVCE

              1297 - Cuncz, 1326 - Kunchfalva, 1374 - Villa Henchmani, 1773 -
              Helmanczmanowcze,Hungarian - Helcmanócz, Nagykúnfalu, German - Hansdorf.

              Didn't you read this??? It is from the three volume Vlastivedny SLOVNIK OBCI NA Slovensku

              Vilo

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 15, 2012
                No, not for the $700 that it costs, unfortunately. Unless you know a less expensive way of getting the DVDs.

                Sue

                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 15, 2012
                  Thank you EVERYONE for the info. I love the response to questions!

                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 15, 2012
                    I do not understand.  You asked for spelling correction and past names of the present day Town of Helcmanovce.

                    what is your refernce to DVD's in answer to my Message

                    Vilko

                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 15, 2012
                      You asked if I hadn't read the other variants of the name. So I looked up the title of the 3-volume set, and found that it sells for $700. It's a set of three DVDs.

                      This is where I got the information: [http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Books/vlastslovnik.htm%5d http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Books/vlastslovnik.htm

                      Apologies if I offended you.

                      Sue