continuing veiwing of 1869 Hungarian Census

  • James Soltis
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2012
      Due to my lack of knowledge of the Hungarian, Slovak, and Polish languages, I
      keep coming upon words which are not understood.

      The House #1 of my film is as follows:

      Hazszem
      Olislo domi  #1

      Pinczeben
      v Pivnici      Rom Kath. plebama dars?

      foldszint
      v uzemi       1 (ground floor)

      Szoba
      izby              4 (Rooms for Sleeping)

      konyha
      kuchine        1 (seperate kitchen)

      princze
      pivnica          1 (cellar)

      felster (szin)
      sien                1 (Storage room attached to house)

      onstallo
      mastal            3 (stalls)

      csur (pajta)
      humno             1 (Barn)

      The is no listing of people for this House. ???

      I have come across two words frequently;

      pomosvea = ?

      Slaze v medecze = ?

      I would appreciate some help interpreting th words with question marks ( ? ).
      Thank you

      Jim Soltis