Re: [S-R] 1940 us census

  • William C. Wormuth
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 12, 2012
      1900 census Joseph Rubaky Born dec 1864

      ________________________________
      From: jerubasky1 <jerubasky1@...>
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2012 9:48 PM
      Subject: [S-R] 1940 us census

      Hello Everyone,

      I have a question for all of you. I'm having trouble finding My Great-Grandfather Joseph Rubacky in Lehigh and Northampton County Pennsylvania 1940 Census. I have checked all of areas of Northampton,North Catasauqua and Catasuqua, Allentown, PA no such luck. My Great-Grandfather passed away in 1942. I have no luck on the rest of his Children. The only person I found was my Grandfather John J. Rubasky Sr. that all. I hope someone could do a little looking for me. The names it could be under Rubasky or Rubacky. If someone finds him please please email me the page of census.

      Have a great weekend everyone.

      Thankyou,

      JoAnne Kaiman

    • CurtB
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 12, 2012
        JoAnne
        If you think he was living in the same place in 1940 that he did in the 1930 census, you can use the government conversion tables to find the correct 1940 census tract number. Since your Joseph Rubasky appears in Northamption tract number 48-76 in 1930, unless he moved he should appear in Ed 48-109 or 48-110 in the 1940 census. Those two tracts are a total of 72 pages. If he is not there, he moved, or he just may have been missed in the census. It did, and does still happen.

        Curt B.

        > 1900 census Joseph Rubaky Born dec 1864
        >

        > ________________________________

      • William C. Wormuth
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 12, 2012
          http://records.ancestry.com/Joseph_Rubacky_records.ashx?pid=25570935

          http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=14769932

          Rubacky [Ruhbahts-kee]  Hungarian spelling Rubatczky.

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 14, 2012
            I'm still having trouble in looking for My Great-Grandfather in the 1940 US Census. In 1930 US Census list that he was living at 1228 3rd Street in North Catasauqua and Catasuqua in Northampton County. I found his sister and My Great-Grandmother brother and his family members in the same area. My Great-Grandfather lived in this area until his death on 4 March 1942. I have looked at all sites. Still No luck.

            JoAnne

            > http://records.ancestry.com/Joseph_Rubacky_records.ashx?pid=25570935
            >
            > http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=14769932
            >
            > Rubacky [Ruhbahts-kee]  Hungarian spelling Rubatczky.
            >

            > ________________________________

          • triciadprice
            Message 5 of 10 , May 11, 2013
              I don't live far from there. Would you like me to take a picture? The house may still exist. Do you know the religion? There are several churches in that neighborhood. Could someone be buried in Calvery Cemetary or Holy Trinity Cemetary?

              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "jerubasky1" <jerubasky1@...> wrote:

              > I'm still having trouble in looking for My Great-Grandfather in the 1940 US Census. In 1930 US Census list that he was living at 1228 3rd Street in North Catasauqua and Catasuqua in Northampton County. I found his sister and My Great-Grandmother brother and his family members in the same area. My Great-Grandfather lived in this area until his death on 4 March 1942. I have looked at all sites. Still No luck.
              >
              > JoAnne
              >
              > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "William C. Wormuth" <senzus@> wrote:
              > >
              > > http://records.ancestry.com/Joseph_Rubacky_records.ashx?pid=25570935
              > >
              > > http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=14769932
              > >
              > > Rubacky [Ruhbahts-kee]  Hungarian spelling Rubatczky.

            • Eileen Williams
              Message 6 of 10 , May 13, 2013
                I live about 3 blocks from your great grandparents  home. Would you like me to take a picture of it? If they were Catholic, they most likely belonged to St Andrews (known as the Slovak church) which is also on 3rd Street. There is a cemetery too. Would
                you like me to check it out for you?
                Eileen