1940 us census

  • jerubasky1
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 12 6:48 PM
      Hello Everyone,

      I have a question for all of you. I'm having trouble finding My Great-Grandfather Joseph Rubacky in Lehigh and Northampton County Pennsylvania 1940 Census. I have checked all of areas of Northampton,North Catasauqua and Catasuqua, Allentown, PA no such luck. My Great-Grandfather passed away in 1942. I have no luck on the rest of his Children. The only person I found was my Grandfather John J. Rubasky Sr. that all. I hope someone could do a little looking for me. The names it could be under Rubasky or Rubacky. If someone finds him please please email me the page of census.

      Have a great weekend everyone.

      Thankyou,

      JoAnne Kaiman
    • Sue Martin
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 12 7:13 PM
        I think at this point you need to know the exact address before you can find someone. Within six months, they will have created the indexes that will make the census more searchable.

        Sue

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 12 7:22 PM
          I agree about the address. Can you try checking a local directory to find an address for 1940? Or, if you are currently going by the address in the 1930 census, try to find an address anywhere closer to 1940 - things can change in 10 years! Once you have an address, you can find the ED at the Steve Morse site or some other places also.

          Debbie

        • n8de@thepoint.net
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 12 7:38 PM
            Found myself in this census! Age 3 is young, huh?

            The 'block numbers' that the search engine gives are not always
            correct. Look around the given number and search diligently for the
            street and house number.

            Good luck!

            Don Havlicek

            Quoting deeellessbee <deeellessbee@...>:

            > I agree about the address. Can you try checking a local directory
            > to find an address for 1940? Or, if you are currently going by the
            > address in the 1930 census, try to find an address anywhere closer
            > to 1940 - things can change in 10 years! Once you have an address,
            > you can find the ED at the Steve Morse site or some other places also.
            >
            > Debbie
            >

            > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Sue Martin" <martin@...> wrote:
            >>

            >> I think at this point you need to know the exact address before you
            >> can find someone. Within six months, they will have created the
            >> indexes that will make the census more searchable.
            >>
            >> Sue

          • William C. Wormuth
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 12 8:54 PM
              1900 census Joseph Rubaky Born dec 1864

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 12 9:55 PM
                JoAnne
                If you think he was living in the same place in 1940 that he did in the 1930 census, you can use the government conversion tables to find the correct 1940 census tract number. Since your Joseph Rubasky appears in Northamption tract number 48-76 in 1930, unless he moved he should appear in Ed 48-109 or 48-110 in the 1940 census. Those two tracts are a total of 72 pages. If he is not there, he moved, or he just may have been missed in the census. It did, and does still happen.

                Curt B.

                > 1900 census Joseph Rubaky Born dec 1864
                >

                > ________________________________

              • William C. Wormuth
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 12 10:00 PM
                  http://records.ancestry.com/Joseph_Rubacky_records.ashx?pid=25570935

                  http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=14769932

                  Rubacky [Ruhbahts-kee]  Hungarian spelling Rubatczky.

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 14 8:01 PM
                    I'm still having trouble in looking for My Great-Grandfather in the 1940 US Census. In 1930 US Census list that he was living at 1228 3rd Street in North Catasauqua and Catasuqua in Northampton County. I found his sister and My Great-Grandmother brother and his family members in the same area. My Great-Grandfather lived in this area until his death on 4 March 1942. I have looked at all sites. Still No luck.

                    JoAnne

                    > http://records.ancestry.com/Joseph_Rubacky_records.ashx?pid=25570935
                    >
                    > http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=14769932
                    >
                    > Rubacky [Ruhbahts-kee]  Hungarian spelling Rubatczky.
                    >

                    > ________________________________

                  • triciadprice
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 11, 2013
                      I don't live far from there. Would you like me to take a picture? The house may still exist. Do you know the religion? There are several churches in that neighborhood. Could someone be buried in Calvery Cemetary or Holy Trinity Cemetary?

                      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "jerubasky1" <jerubasky1@...> wrote:

                      > I'm still having trouble in looking for My Great-Grandfather in the 1940 US Census. In 1930 US Census list that he was living at 1228 3rd Street in North Catasauqua and Catasuqua in Northampton County. I found his sister and My Great-Grandmother brother and his family members in the same area. My Great-Grandfather lived in this area until his death on 4 March 1942. I have looked at all sites. Still No luck.
                      >
                      > JoAnne
                      >
                      > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "William C. Wormuth" <senzus@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > http://records.ancestry.com/Joseph_Rubacky_records.ashx?pid=25570935
                      > >
                      > > http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=14769932
                      > >
                      > > Rubacky [Ruhbahts-kee]  Hungarian spelling Rubatczky.

                    • Eileen Williams
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 13, 2013
                        I live about 3 blocks from your great grandparents  home. Would you like me to take a picture of it? If they were Catholic, they most likely belonged to St Andrews (known as the Slovak church) which is also on 3rd Street. There is a cemetery too. Would
                        you like me to check it out for you?
                        Eileen