Shudick research

  • miriamtkach@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2001
      Dear Kate,

      Hi. This is cousin Mary Jo. I've just finished my mother's
      genealogy using the Morman microfilms. It took a lot more time than
      I thought. I'm ordering the microfilm for Ohradzany and hope to come
      up with something in a few weeks. If I'm lucky, I could come up with
      the names of John Shudick Sr.'s parents and grandparents. Take care.

      Sincerely,
      Mary Jo
    • miriamtkach@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 2001
        Dear Kate,

        Yes. My grandfather and your grandfather were first cousins.
        The Shudicks were Roman Catholic in Slovakia. I'll try to find the
        four Shudick siblings in Ohradzany (one of the brothers was the
        father of John Shudick Sr. and one of the sisters was the mother of
        my grandfather Andy Tkach Klich). These four Shudicks were born
        probably between 1858 and 1875. If the records are in good order, I
        should find the parents and the grandparents of the four Shudick
        siblings. I know that one of the Shudick siblings in Ohradzany--who
        was an aunt of both your grandfather and my grandfather--was a
        seamstress who remained single. She had some health problem and
        walked with a limp. The lady at the Morman Research Center said that
        the microfilms I ordered should come in within 2-4 weeks. I'll keep
        you posted.

        Sincerely,
        Mary Jo
      • frankur@att.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 4, 2001
          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@y..., miriamtkach@a... wrote:
          > Dear Kate,
          >
          > Yes. My grandfather and your grandfather were first cousins.
          > The Shudicks were Roman Catholic in Slovakia. I'll try to find the
          > four Shudick siblings in Ohradzany (one of the brothers was the
          > father of John Shudick Sr. and one of the sisters was the mother of
          > my grandfather Andy Tkach Klich). These four Shudicks were born
          > probably between 1858 and 1875. If the records are in good order, I
          > should find the parents and the grandparents of the four Shudick
          > siblings. I know that one of the Shudick siblings in Ohradzany--who
          > was an aunt of both your grandfather and my grandfather--was a
          > seamstress who remained single. She had some health problem and
          > walked with a limp. The lady at the Morman Research Center said
          that
          > the microfilms I ordered should come in within 2-4 weeks. I'll keep
          > you posted.
          >
          > Sincerely,
          > Mary Jo

          ahoj Mary Jo

          Shudick would be the post-emigration surname spelling.
          Some emigrants changes names after arrival in the U.S.

          You want S^udik spelled with the Slovak diacritic letter S^ = Sh.

          The Slovakia telephone directory lists 3 surname S^udik under
          Humenné.
          Directory also lists 4 surnames S^udik under Ohradzany (Sv)
          formerly Göröginye (H)

          Frank Kurcina