1869 Hungarian Census Spisska Nova Ves (Iglo Hungary)

  • Jane Murray
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2012
      I logged onto the Family Search website hoping to find the census records for Spisska Nova Ves & Jankovce  in 1869.  I was intrigued by reading the recent post on the information obtainable on this document. I was disappointed after scanning several villages that the villages I am seeking are not listed in the films available.
      In addition, I do not know if anyone else noticed a few districts (Sobrance) to name one, have disappeared from the listing of on line files you can browse.  It was there last week and now it is gone.  Does Family Search pull records from their free offering to get you to pay to order the films (which have gone up in price recently)
      Just checking.  Thank you.  Jane

    • Judy
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2012
        My records for the 1869 Hungarian census were not available online. I was able to request the film for my village and view it at my Family History Center. I'm pretty sure that records do not exist for some locations. I do not know if any of the census' records that do exist, are available on-line. Once I had the film, it was very easy to find the families in which I was interested because I had already gone through the church records. The records gave nice insight to how the generations shared households.

        Judy

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Jane Murray <jmurray6475@...> wrote:

        > I logged onto the Family Search website hoping to find the census records for Spisska Nova Ves & Jankovce  in 1869.  I was intrigued by reading the recent post on the information obtainable on this document. I was disappointed after scanning several villages that the villages I am seeking are not listed in the films available.
        > In addition, I do not know if anyone else noticed a few districts (Sobrance) to name one, have disappeared from the listing of on line files you can browse.  It was there last week and now it is gone.  Does Family Search pull records from their free offering to get you to pay to order the films (which have gone up in price recently)
        > Just checking.  Thank you.  Jane

      • Michael Mojher
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2012
          Jane,
          Sometime files are pulled. At one time all of the Slovak files were pulled. Slovakia has a “100 years rule” that says the records view must be at least a 100 years old. When the Slovak records were filmed the teams just photographed every page they came across. In my ancestral village they photographed records into the 1920’s. The Slovakia government complained about the breaking of the rule and the FHL was to expunge those records less than a 100 years old.
          From my own experience I found that they did not do a very good job of expunging. So it may be that someone noticed that those records broke the rule and they have been taken off line to expunge.
          You can write the FHL and ask why they were removed.

          I logged onto the Family Search website hoping to find the census records for Spisska Nova Ves & Jankovce in 1869. I was intrigued by reading the recent post on the information obtainable on this document. I was disappointed after scanning several villages that the villages I am seeking are not listed in the films available.
          In addition, I do not know if anyone else noticed a few districts (Sobrance) to name one, have disappeared from the listing of on line files you can browse. It was there last week and now it is gone. Does Family Search pull records from their free offering to get you to pay to order the films (which have gone up in price recently)
          Just checking. Thank you. Jane

        • ddv340
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 3, 2012
            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Jane Murray <jmurray6475@...> wrote:

            > In addition, I do not know if anyone else noticed a few districts (Sobrance) to name one, have disappeared from the listing of on line files you can browse. �It was there last week and now it is gone. �Does Family Search pull records from their free offering to get you to pay to order the films (which have gone up in price recently) �
            > Just checking. �Thank you. �Jane

            Jane,

            Sobrance is in the Greek Catholic section.

            diane vetere
          • Jane Murray
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 3, 2012
              It was under the Roman Catholic database last week.  My ancestors are Catholic, only one great, great, great grandmother was Greek Catholic...I think someone is playing around with the website.
              Jane