[S-R] Re: Help translating marriage record please

  • deeellessbee
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
      Thank you Larry and Curt! The image is from a copy of a microfilm, not on-line, so I can't give a link. But I will try uploading it to Files instead of Photos. Thanks for the tip! (and the first translation!)

      Debbie

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, lkocik@... wrote:

      > Debbie
      >
      > If I'd only waited a few moments for Curt's reply........
      >
      >    but a least I got the "miles" right.
      >
      > Larry

    • deeellessbee
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
        Okay, the image is uploaded in Files under HavrilaJoannes etc. Again, I need help with the notes in the last column (with the pink dot).

        Thank you for looking!

        Debbie

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "deeellessbee" <deeellessbee@...> wrote:

        > Thank you Larry and Curt! The image is from a copy of a microfilm, not on-line, so I can't give a link. But I will try uploading it to Files instead of Photos. Thanks for the tip! (and the first translation!)
        >
        > Debbie
        >
        > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, lkocik@ wrote:
        > >

        > > Debbie
        > >
        > > If I'd only waited a few moments for Curt's reply........
        > >
        > >    but a least I got the "miles" right.
        > >
        > > Larry

      • CurtB
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
          Debbie,
          It just says that the husband showed the marriage permit[to the priest].

          Curt B.

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "deeellessbee" <deeellessbee@...> wrote:

          > Okay, the image is uploaded in Files under HavrilaJoannes etc. Again, I need help with the notes in the last column (with the pink dot).
          >
          > Thank you for looking!
          >
          > Debbie
          >

          > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "deeellessbee" <deeellessbee@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Thank you Larry and Curt! The image is from a copy of a microfilm, not on-line, so I can't give a link. But I will try uploading it to Files instead of Photos. Thanks for the tip! (and the first translation!)
          > >
          > > Debbie
          > >
          > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, lkocik@ wrote:
          > > >

          > > > Debbie
          > > >
          > > > If I'd only waited a few moments for Curt's reply........
          > > >
          > > >    but a least I got the "miles" right.
          > > >
          > > > Larry

        • deeellessbee
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
            Well, that was boring, lol! Thank you Curt! One more question I forgot to ask. In this record, Janos is GC, and Maria is RC... I thought that the custom was to be married in the bride's town, but the church of the groom's religion. Am I mistaken? I'm just trying to get this straight and was kind of surprised to see this record in the RC records. I wasn't looking for this record when I found it, and thought it would have been in the GC records.

            Debbie

            > Debbie,
            > It just says that the husband showed the marriage permit[to the priest].
            >
            > Curt B.
            >
            > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "deeellessbee" <deeellessbee@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Okay, the image is uploaded in Files under HavrilaJoannes etc. Again, I need help with the notes in the last column (with the pink dot).
            > >
            > > Thank you for looking!
            > >
            > > Debbie
            > >

            > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "deeellessbee" <deeellessbee@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Thank you Larry and Curt! The image is from a copy of a microfilm, not on-line, so I can't give a link. But I will try uploading it to Files instead of Photos. Thanks for the tip! (and the first translation!)
            > > >
            > > > Debbie

          • CurtB
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 1, 2012
              Debbie,
              Yes, marriage in a bride's church is the custom in Slovak territory, just like in the U.S. But it is only a custom, not a rule, so there are a lot of exceptions depending on local need.
              Sometimes, it is just more convenient, or maybe some clergy seem more amenable, etc.

              Curt B.--- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "deeellessbee" <deeellessbee@...> wrote:

              > Well, that was boring, lol! Thank you Curt! One more question I forgot to ask. In this record, Janos is GC, and Maria is RC... I thought that the custom was to be married in the bride's town, but the church of the groom's religion. Am I mistaken? I'm just trying to get this straight and was kind of surprised to see this record in the RC records. I wasn't looking for this record when I found it, and thought it would have been in the GC records.
              >
              > Debbie
              >

              > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "CurtB" <curt67boc@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Debbie,
              > > It just says that the husband showed the marriage permit[to the priest].
              > >
              > > Curt B.
              > >
              > > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "deeellessbee" <deeellessbee@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Okay, the image is uploaded in Files under HavrilaJoannes etc. Again, I need help with the notes in the last column (with the pink dot).
              > > >
              > > > Thank you for looking!
              > > >
              > > > Debbie

            • deeellessbee
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 2, 2012