Komar, Repko

  • Rick Mayernik
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31 8:31 PM
      Hello

      My Great Grandfather, John Komar, born 1858. according to the 1900 census
      for Perry, St. Francois County, Missouri (Komer is Kamer) . Year of
      Immigration 1880, year of marriage 1884. Wife, Mary Repko born 1856

      I have been struggling to find his marriage record and also naturalization,
      ship papers.

      If you can help I will appreciate a reply.

      Thank you,

      Rick

    • Michael Mojher
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2012
        Rick,
        From 1820 to 1892 immigrants that came through New York we processed at Castle Garden - http://castlegarden.org/
        Ancestry.com has the records.
        I would try writing the county for marriage record. Try here first - http://recordsproject.com/county/missouri/st-francois.asp
        For Naturalization Records begin here - http://www.archives.gov/research/naturalization/

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2012
          Rick,
          While it does not match your data exactly, There is a Janos Komar arriving in New York Harbor aboard the Lessing via Hamburg on 23 Nov 1883. born about 1858 he is age 25. He is arriving with a group of other Slovaks, who are citizens of Hungary. There is no further information in these early ship manifests.

          Curt B.