Re: [S-R] Consonant Changes in Google Translate Speech

  • William C. Wormuth
    Message 1 of 34 , Mar 30, 2012
      Ano, sem Zahorak ale my Suovaci!

      S Panem Bohem.

      Vilo

      ________________________________
      From: Ben Sorensen <cerrunos1@...>
      To: "SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com" <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, March 30, 2012 7:54 AM
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Consonant Changes in Google Translate Speech

      Vilko, aren't you from Zahorie and New York???

      Sounds to me like you could then use some help in pronunciation... since you speak Czech. :-) (KIDDING, and you know it!)

      http://www.phantomranch.net/folkdanc/alphabet/slovak.htm%c2%a0

      http://www.phantomranch.net/folkdanc/alphabet/hungarian.htm%c2%a0

      He makes the point that l' is pronounced as the l in "halyard."  Well... NO, IT IS NOT.  It is said the same as L but with the tongue flat on the palette, dropping straight down.  That l' is a sound that we do not have in English.

      Ben. :-)
      Vilko... I hope to see you again soon.

      Message 34 of 34 , Mar 30, 2012