Litmanova Roots

  • Phyllis A. Heller
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2001
      I came across this excellent website and thought it may be useful for
      anyone
      having Litmanova roots in Slovkia.

      The village of Litmanova is nestled in the Carpathian mountains of
      northeastern Slovakia, in the Stara Lubovna district, and adjacent to the
      Polish border. Most of the 600 village residents, descendants of
      Carpatho-Rusyn settlers, follow the Greek Catholic faith, although there is
      also an Orthodox parish. Like many other villages in this region of
      Slovakia, Litmanova has experienced a high rate of emigration to the U.S.,
      particularly to New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Indiana.

      http://www.benyo.com/litmanova/index.htm

      Phyllis