MICHALOVCE and DLHE KLCOVO

  • Michael Mojher
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2012
      From: Michael Mojher
      Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2012 6:16 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Immigration records

      Vera,

      1468 Michalovce MI/KI zemplín./užhorod.
      1773 Nagy-Mihály, Mihalowcze, 1786 Nagy-S[ent]-Mihály, Mihalowce,
      Nagy-Mihály, 1808 Nagy-Mihály, Groß-Michl, Michalany, Michalowce, 1863–1913
      Nagymihály, 1920 Michaľovce, 1927– Michalovce

      http://www.michalovce.sk/en/ - link to the Michalovce website in English. It
      has a History link on the left side.

      382 Dlhé Klčovo VT/PV zemplín.
      1773 Kolcs-Hoszu-Mező, Kolcsow[sz]ky Dluhy, 1786 Kolcsch-Hoszumeső, 1808
      Kolcs-Hosszúmező, Kolčowo Dluhé, 1863–1902 Kolcshosszúmező, 1907–1913
      Kolcsmező, 1920 Kolčowé Dlhé, 1927–1948 Kolčovské Dlhé, 1948– Dlhé Klčovo

      http://www.dlheklcovo.sk/ - link to the Dlhe Klcovo website, it is only in
      Slovak.

      Michalovce and Dlhe Klcovo are 37 km / 22 miles apart.

      Surname Sabos in 1995 Slovakia Census - Priezvisko SABOŠ sa na Slovensku v
      roku 1995 nachádzalo 3×, celkový počet lokalít: 2, v lokalitách:
      3 listings in 2 locations.

      Surname Kundra in 1995 Slovakia Census - Priezvisko KUDRA sa na Slovensku v
      roku 1995 nachádzalo 9×, celkový počet lokalít: 5, v lokalitách:
      9 listings in 5 locations, four of the locations are in or near Michaelovce.

      Surname Hospodar in 1995 Census - Priezvisko HOSPODÁR sa na Slovensku v roku
      1995 nachádzalo 163×, celkový počet lokalít: 34, najčastejšie výskyty v
      lokalitách: 163 listings in 34 locations. #1 locations is Michaelovce with
      59 listings.

      If George / Juraj Sabos was 89 when he died in 1935 that meant he was born
      in 1846. And if he was born in Hungary in 1846 those records are more likely
      online. Which makes your Sabos family line traceable.

      You mentioned you wanted "to gain any history info..". There are plenty of
      Slovak history books. Most deal with political history and would not be of
      much good to understand the history of the two towns you are interested in.
      What exactly of the history are you interested in learning about?