Parics

  • jdkocis
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 23, 2012
      Viewing RC Church records for Trebisov, Trebisov on FamilySearch.org. Most records list Terebes for place of residence. Some list Parics, sometimes as Parits. I know that the ruins of Parics Castle are located in present-day Trebisov, but I am unable to locate the place name Parics on a map. Does anyone know of a map which displays this village?

      Thank you,
      Jerry Kocis
    • William C. Wormuth
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 23, 2012
        Parics [Pah-rrich] in Slovak Parič, is Trebišov, according to the Vlastivedný Slovnik na Slovensku

        ________________________________
        Viewing RC Church records for Trebisov, Trebisov on FamilySearch.org. Most records list Terebes for place of residence. Some list Parics, sometimes as Parits. I know that the ruins of Parics Castle are located in present-day Trebisov, but I am unable to locate the place name Parics on a map. Does anyone know of a map which displays this village?

        Thank you,
        Jerry Kocis

      • Robert Pollak
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 23, 2012
          It may be a shortened version for Paricovska which is just southeast of Trebisov.     On Google Earth it is located 48.37.06.43 N and 21.43.58.76 E.   My old Slovak Auto atlas shows a village named Paricov where Paricovska is located on Google Earth.    It is probably a shortened version.

          Bob Pollak

          ________________________________
          Viewing RC Church records for Trebisov, Trebisov on FamilySearch.org. Most records list Terebes for place of residence. Some list Parics, sometimes as Parits. I know that the ruins of Parics Castle are located in present-day Trebisov, but I am unable to locate the place name Parics on a map. Does anyone know of a map which displays this village?

          Thank you,
          Jerry Kocis

        • Sue Martin
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 23, 2012
            According to Wkikpedia, Parits was just a castle at the border of Trebisov.

            Sue

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 23, 2012
              Paričov is now directly connected to Trebišov on the south east side of the city.  The village boundry is marked off by a street that encircles it named Paričovska.  If you have google maps, magnify until you are able to read the Streets.

              Z Bohom,

              Vilo

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 23, 2012
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Castle_paric.jpg

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 23, 2012
                  Very interesting Trebišov wiki:
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trebi%C5%A1ov

                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 24, 2012
                    Very interesting articles and pictures of the ruins and surrounding landmarks.  I too have ancestry that is from Trebisov (possibly related to Jerry), and what makes research so fascinating is the history of the area and how it affected our ancestors. I am a firm believer that where you come from, and the situations that occurred and were nurtured by your family are as much apart of you as your DNA.  The stories that get passed down from generation to generation (with some embellishment) can be tied back to history.  My Baba & Zedo often spoke of their parents working for Royality.  Could be they worked for the Andreassy family in Trebisov.  I somehow doubt the employment records have been kept that long!  Thanks again for the info.
                    My brother and I are planning a trip to Slovakia now that I have located the Sabo's, Gaydos, Kmetz, Antal, and Petrik families.  At most they are 2 hours in any direction to the towns they were from.  I believe a month long holiday would be in order, we have begun to save for the trip.

                    Have a great weekend  where ever you may be.  Jane

                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 24, 2012
                      If you speak Slovak, you might try to call relatives in the area by using:         http://telefonny.zoznam.sk/%c2%a0 .  This especially if you have the last address of relatives.