Re: [S-R] Kalman, Goldinak, Narcis, Csarnogorsky, soltis

  • Judy (& Dr. Joe) Quashnock
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 24, 2001
      Spisska Zupa is a general description for the former Hungarian county of
      Szepes, Spis in northeastern Slovakia. Look at the following sites:

      http://www.akm.externet.hu/km/terkep/adatok/tkp-a34.htm

      http://www.bogardi.com/gen/pic/r9030515.jpg

      http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/szepes.jpg

      Dr. "Q"

      tarzantu2@... wrote:

      > >From my cousin I learned that My great grandfather, Franciscus
      > Kalman, was married a second time to a Barbara Csarnogorsky. They
      > had at least two sons, Tadejhas Andreas, and Rudolphus. The Kalmans
      > lived at 101 Tvarozna and the Csarnogorskys at 102 Tvarozna. does
      > this ring a bell with anyone?
      >
      > I have a note regarding my grandmother's older brother, John Goldinak
      > Sr. It reads "Rodeny v Repisku Spisska Zupa na Stovensku, zomrel dna
      > 25 - ho Aprila 1943 - Chicago, ILL. Prezil v. Amerika 4 0 rokov." I
      > know it says that he died on April 25, 1943, in Chicago, IL, that he
      > lived in America for 40 years and the family came from the city of
      > Spisska Zuppa in Slovensku. Was this interpreted correctly? And
      > does anyone know where Spisska Zuppa is located? I can't seem to
      > find it. This gives me a new area to search, as the only other
      > village I had was Bovrov.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Ray Slack

    • Joe Armata
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 26, 2001
        John's birth village is today Rzepisko in Poland, just over the
        border from Slovakia. It was formerly part of Spis County (Spisska
        Zupa) under Hungary. Right nearby is the village of Czarna Gora,
        which might connect with the Csarnogorsky surname.

        Joe Armata
        joe@...

        > From my cousin I learned that My great grandfather, Franciscus
        > Kalman, was married a second time to a Barbara Csarnogorsky. They
        > had at least two sons, Tadejhas Andreas, and Rudolphus. The Kalmans
        > lived at 101 Tvarozna and the Csarnogorskys at 102 Tvarozna. does
        > this ring a bell with anyone?
        >
        > I have a note regarding my grandmother's older brother, John Goldinak
        > Sr. It reads "Rodeny v Repisku Spisska Zupa na Stovensku, zomrel dna
      • Anthony A.Kromko
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 26, 2001
          Joe Armata wrote:

          > John's birth village is today Rzepisko in Poland, just over the
          > border from Slovakia. It was formerly part of Spis County (Spisska
          > Zupa) under Hungary. Right nearby is the village of Czarna Gora,
          > which might connect with the Csarnogorsky surname.
          >
          > Joe Armata
          > joe@...
          >
          > > From my cousin I learned that My great grandfather, Franciscus
          > > Kalman, was married a second time to a Barbara Csarnogorsky. They
          > > had at least two sons, Tadejhas Andreas, and Rudolphus. The Kalmans
          > > lived at 101 Tvarozna and the Csarnogorskys at 102 Tvarozna. does
          > > this ring a bell with anyone?
          > >
          > > I have a note regarding my grandmother's older brother, John Goldinak
          > > Sr. It reads "Rodeny v Repisku Spisska Zupa na Stovensku, zomrel dna

          Velka Frankova, Spis Zupa, Slovakia, is overloaded with CZARNOGORSKY

          Tony K
        • Judy (& Dr. Joe) Quashnock
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 27, 2001
            While your card is probably clearly written "Skresene Pana", I wonder if it
            is a variation of skri'z^it' - cross and Pan - God?

            Only a guess.

            Dr. "Q"

          • krejc@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 28, 2001
              my guess is that it many mean the cemetary of the Risen Lord.
            • John
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 28, 2001
                At 10:21 PM 2/27/01 -0800, you wrote:

                "Skresene Pana."

                Resurrection = vzkriesenie, Virgin Mary = Panna Mária

                More guessing. Resurrection of the Lord.

                John

              • Tarzantu2@aol.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 28, 2001
                  Thanks to all who replied to my question regarding the mass card for Andrew
                  Goldinak. I figured Skresene Pana must have meant Resurrection cemetery, but
                  I needed to have it verified by our Slovak Roots experts. The dictionary
                  words often have different spellings than the written words from notes and
                  cards.

                  Ray