Frank DIVIS

  • veselydg
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 9 8:00 AM
      I inherited a wonderful little painting from my Dad when he died. It is of a cottage along a river near VEJVANOV (Bohemia) where my paternal great-grand parents lived. A label on the back indicates the painting is by Frank DIVIS and was done in September, 1932. I don't think there is any blood connection between my family and Mr Divis, but I would really like to find out more about him. Any leads would be appreciated.

      Dave Vesely
      Corvallis, Oregon USA
    • Czech
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 10 10:40 AM
        I am a Divis and there are two other Divis researchers that I know of who
        are trying to tie the Divis families together. All of us have several Frank
        Divis ancestors. In fact I have a grandmother who married a Frank Divis and
        her sister married another Frank Divis, and I still dont know if they were
        at all related, Please send me a photo of the picture to boiirose at
        gmail.com . Can you tell me when they emmigrated to the US and what states
        your family lived in so I could figure out which of us might be a more
        direct line. I had Divis relatives in Milin just across the main road
        Pilsen to Prague from Vejvanov. All of the Divis families as far as I've
        been able to tell cme from this region.

        --
        *Lorna R. Divs Stein*