Re: [S-R] Turanszky

  • William C. Wormuth
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 8, 2012
      If you go to the original manifests at Ellis, you might find info on  (K), (F), or Turansky. [Kuhrran-skee] [Fuhrran-skee] [Tuhrhan-skee.

      Kuruc, [ Kuh-rrruhts] is Kurucz, in Hungarian.  Americans might pronounce it [Kuh-ruhk] and he might have tried Kuruts..  Your Grandfather was probably so frustrated, he tried to please everyone.

      People often were afraid to use any other spelling than on Ellis Docs.

      Genealogy work is very time consuming and one must have patience working with it.

      Nech Pan Boh Daj......,