Re: [S-R] Re: research

  • Michael Mojher
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 5, 2012
      Your surnames Rubasky and all variation and Superka were not in the 1995 Slovak Census. It doesn’t mean they don’t exist, but would require a deeper search.

      Ceperko had 94 listings in 14 locations. #1 location was Dubovica with 21. So you should search these records.

      Dubovica had these listed Ružbarská Ruzbarska Ruzsbarszka Ružbarský Ruzbarsky Ruzsbarszky, I suggest that Rubasky was the Americanized version of the name. Dubovica had six possibilities.

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 5, 2012
        Surname search in 1995 Census

        MARTOŇÁK DUBOVICA, okr. PREŠOV (od r. 1996 SABINOV) – 18×, 61× listings in 19 location. Dubovica #1 location.

        Matyusovits no listings.

        Czeluch not listing. Alternative – CEĽUCH 84 listings in 24 locations. Is found in Zborov.

        KOPCSÁK 5 listing in Kosice. Other places: Andrejova, Sambron, Kolackov, Maly Lipnik, Cemerne, Humenne, Komarany, , Humenne, Caklov, Sol. The first four a close to one another. And the last 6 close to one another. The first four I know since my ancestral village neighbors them.
        ZAJACZ 7 listings in 4 locations: OHRADY, POHRONSKÝ RUSKOV, KOMÁRNO, NOVÝ TEKOV

        Tegy no listings.