Re: [S-R] Question about Family Search Updates

  • vera holman
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 4, 2012
      Dear Jane,
      Thanks for your interests in my SABO research. The earliest facts
      I have on my "tree" is that it starts with my greatgrandparents, John
      Kudra(o) b. 1848,d. 1928 , m. Anna Hospodar b. 1850d. 1910.
      My grandparents are George Sabo 1875 d.1930, married Mary Kudra,
      Their siblings chilcren : Julia Sabo m. Mike Marga
      Mary Sabo m. Mike Kohute
      ? daughter m. John Hospodar
      John Sabo m. Elizabeth Kolesar I know that with my
      Mom 's geneation (b. 1903) was in the town of Michalovce. The rest of that
      geneation , Michael, Rose, Julia went to Canada.

      On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 10:44 AM, Jane Murray <jmurray6475@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Dear Vera,
      > Where are your "Sabo's" from? Mine as of 1784 are from the present
      > village of Torysa, Sabinov, Presovsky Kraj, Slovakia. They then went onto
      > the town current town of Spisske Podhradie (formerly Varallya), and then
      > onto Spisska Nova Ves (formerly Iglo), then finally to the Pennsylvania.
      > If connected, let me know. Jane
      >
      > ________________________________

    • vera holman
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 4, 2012
        Jane, I did start putting the names in print, but with this new set-up that
        Gmail is putting it, sometimes the click I usaually made before,now it
        means something else with them??? I lost the first notation of my family
        tree, so hopefully, it will go to you!!!
        The town of the earliest residence for the SABO family is Michalovce..
        My greatgrandparents, John Kudra, (o) b. 1848 d 1928 m. Anna Hospodar
        1850-1910.
        Known children, Mary Kudra m. George Sabo
        My grandparents, +George Sabo b. 1875 d.1930
        Siblings of George
        Julia Sabo m. Mike Marga
        Elisabeth Sabo m. Frank Fulton
        Mary Sabo m. Mike Kohute
        ? daughter m John Hospodar
        John Sabo m. Elisabeth
        Kolesor
        +George Sabo m. Mary Kudra
        children Mary Sabo b. 1897 m. George Butkoslky NJ
        - US
        Anna Sabo b. 1903 m John Beley (Bailley
        americanized) PA
        Rosa Sabo b. 1906 m. Michael
        Smolak Hamiliton, CA
        Julis Sabo b. 1908 m Nicholas
        Tanermanovich Toronto. CA
        Michael Sabo b. ? m. Ethel ?
        British Columbia,CA
        This is the info that I have of the present generation, Nothing beyond my
        greatgrandparents. Those are the ones I am looking for. The church records
        do not cover the same time frame.
        Thanks for your interest, Jane, Hope there is one branch of your family
        tree!!!
        Blessings,
        Vera
        On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 10:44 AM, Jane Murray <jmurray6475@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Dear Vera,
        > Where are your "Sabo's" from? Mine as of 1784 are from the present
        > village of Torysa, Sabinov, Presovsky Kraj, Slovakia. They then went onto
        > the town current town of Spisske Podhradie (formerly Varallya), and then
        > onto Spisska Nova Ves (formerly Iglo), then finally to the Pennsylvania.
        > If connected, let me know. Jane

      • William C. Wormuth
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 4, 2012
          I would search for Kohút In stead of Kohuté:
          http://www.zoznam.sk/hladaj.fcgi?co=telzoznam&s=Kohut&mesto=Michalovce&ulica=&psc=&uto=&net_fixed=1&net_mobile=1&net_alt=1

          z Bohom,

          Vilo