Re: [S-R] Question about Family Search Updates

  • William C. Wormuth
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 4, 2012
      Listed names have telephone listings in Michalovce:http://www.zoznam.sk/hladaj.fcgi?co=telzoznam&s=hospodar&mesto=&ulica=&psc=0&uto=&net_fixed=1&net_mobile=1&net_alt=1

      ________________________________
      From: Jane Murray <jmurray6475@...>
      To: "SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com" <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, March 4, 2012 1:44 PM
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Question about Family Search Updates

      Dear Vera,
      Where are your "Sabo's" from?  Mine as of 1784 are from the present village of Torysa, Sabinov, Presovsky Kraj, Slovakia. They then went onto the town current town of Spisske Podhradie (formerly Varallya), and then onto Spisska Nova Ves (formerly Iglo), then finally to the Pennsylvania.  If connected, let me know.  Jane

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 4, 2012
        Dear Jane,
        Thanks for your interests in my SABO research. The earliest facts
        I have on my "tree" is that it starts with my greatgrandparents, John
        Kudra(o) b. 1848,d. 1928 , m. Anna Hospodar b. 1850d. 1910.
        My grandparents are George Sabo 1875 d.1930, married Mary Kudra,
        Their siblings chilcren : Julia Sabo m. Mike Marga
        Mary Sabo m. Mike Kohute
        ? daughter m. John Hospodar
        John Sabo m. Elizabeth Kolesar I know that with my
        Mom 's geneation (b. 1903) was in the town of Michalovce. The rest of that
        geneation , Michael, Rose, Julia went to Canada.

        On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 10:44 AM, Jane Murray <jmurray6475@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Dear Vera,
        > Where are your "Sabo's" from? Mine as of 1784 are from the present
        > village of Torysa, Sabinov, Presovsky Kraj, Slovakia. They then went onto
        > the town current town of Spisske Podhradie (formerly Varallya), and then
        > onto Spisska Nova Ves (formerly Iglo), then finally to the Pennsylvania.
        > If connected, let me know. Jane
        >
        > ________________________________

      • vera holman
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 4, 2012
          Jane, I did start putting the names in print, but with this new set-up that
          Gmail is putting it, sometimes the click I usaually made before,now it
          means something else with them??? I lost the first notation of my family
          tree, so hopefully, it will go to you!!!
          The town of the earliest residence for the SABO family is Michalovce..
          My greatgrandparents, John Kudra, (o) b. 1848 d 1928 m. Anna Hospodar
          1850-1910.
          Known children, Mary Kudra m. George Sabo
          My grandparents, +George Sabo b. 1875 d.1930
          Siblings of George
          Julia Sabo m. Mike Marga
          Elisabeth Sabo m. Frank Fulton
          Mary Sabo m. Mike Kohute
          ? daughter m John Hospodar
          John Sabo m. Elisabeth
          Kolesor
          +George Sabo m. Mary Kudra
          children Mary Sabo b. 1897 m. George Butkoslky NJ
          - US
          Anna Sabo b. 1903 m John Beley (Bailley
          americanized) PA
          Rosa Sabo b. 1906 m. Michael
          Smolak Hamiliton, CA
          Julis Sabo b. 1908 m Nicholas
          Tanermanovich Toronto. CA
          Michael Sabo b. ? m. Ethel ?
          British Columbia,CA
          This is the info that I have of the present generation, Nothing beyond my
          greatgrandparents. Those are the ones I am looking for. The church records
          do not cover the same time frame.
          Thanks for your interest, Jane, Hope there is one branch of your family
          tree!!!
          Blessings,
          Vera
          On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 10:44 AM, Jane Murray <jmurray6475@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Dear Vera,
          > Where are your "Sabo's" from? Mine as of 1784 are from the present
          > village of Torysa, Sabinov, Presovsky Kraj, Slovakia. They then went onto
          > the town current town of Spisske Podhradie (formerly Varallya), and then
          > onto Spisska Nova Ves (formerly Iglo), then finally to the Pennsylvania.
          > If connected, let me know. Jane

        • William C. Wormuth
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 4, 2012
            I would search for Kohút In stead of Kohuté:
            http://www.zoznam.sk/hladaj.fcgi?co=telzoznam&s=Kohut&mesto=Michalovce&ulica=&psc=&uto=&net_fixed=1&net_mobile=1&net_alt=1

            z Bohom,

            Vilo