Re: [S-R] Question about Family Search Updates

  • Jane Murray
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 4, 2012
      Dear Vera,
      Where are your "Sabo's" from?  Mine as of 1784 are from the present village of Torysa, Sabinov, Presovsky Kraj, Slovakia. They then went onto the town current town of Spisske Podhradie (formerly Varallya), and then onto Spisska Nova Ves (formerly Iglo), then finally to the Pennsylvania.  If connected, let me know.  Jane

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 4, 2012
        Listed names have telephone listings in Michalovce:http://www.zoznam.sk/hladaj.fcgi?co=telzoznam&s=hospodar&mesto=&ulica=&psc=0&uto=&net_fixed=1&net_mobile=1&net_alt=1

        ________________________________

        <pman40@...>wrote:

        > Good question Dawn. I am curious about the answer too.
        >
        > Sandra
        > On Mar 3, 2012, at 3:56 PM, dmgnew wrote:
        >
        > > I thought I saw something in a post recently that indicated that there
        > should be an update to the Slovak church records soon. I believe someone in
        > the group has some connections. I previously ordered some films for Bucany,
        > but the records are not online yet. I'm curious if there is any status
        > available. Also, does the FHL have any published schedule for posting
        > records? Thanks.
        > > - Dawn

      • vera holman
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 4, 2012
          Dear Jane,
          Thanks for your interests in my SABO research. The earliest facts
          I have on my "tree" is that it starts with my greatgrandparents, John
          Kudra(o) b. 1848,d. 1928 , m. Anna Hospodar b. 1850d. 1910.
          My grandparents are George Sabo 1875 d.1930, married Mary Kudra,
          Their siblings chilcren : Julia Sabo m. Mike Marga
          Mary Sabo m. Mike Kohute
          ? daughter m. John Hospodar
          John Sabo m. Elizabeth Kolesar I know that with my
          Mom 's geneation (b. 1903) was in the town of Michalovce. The rest of that
          geneation , Michael, Rose, Julia went to Canada.

          On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 10:44 AM, Jane Murray <jmurray6475@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Dear Vera,
          > Where are your "Sabo's" from? Mine as of 1784 are from the present
          > village of Torysa, Sabinov, Presovsky Kraj, Slovakia. They then went onto
          > the town current town of Spisske Podhradie (formerly Varallya), and then
          > onto Spisska Nova Ves (formerly Iglo), then finally to the Pennsylvania.
          > If connected, let me know. Jane
          >
          > ________________________________

        • vera holman
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 4, 2012
            Jane, I did start putting the names in print, but with this new set-up that
            Gmail is putting it, sometimes the click I usaually made before,now it
            means something else with them??? I lost the first notation of my family
            tree, so hopefully, it will go to you!!!
            The town of the earliest residence for the SABO family is Michalovce..
            My greatgrandparents, John Kudra, (o) b. 1848 d 1928 m. Anna Hospodar
            1850-1910.
            Known children, Mary Kudra m. George Sabo
            My grandparents, +George Sabo b. 1875 d.1930
            Siblings of George
            Julia Sabo m. Mike Marga
            Elisabeth Sabo m. Frank Fulton
            Mary Sabo m. Mike Kohute
            ? daughter m John Hospodar
            John Sabo m. Elisabeth
            Kolesor
            +George Sabo m. Mary Kudra
            children Mary Sabo b. 1897 m. George Butkoslky NJ
            - US
            Anna Sabo b. 1903 m John Beley (Bailley
            americanized) PA
            Rosa Sabo b. 1906 m. Michael
            Smolak Hamiliton, CA
            Julis Sabo b. 1908 m Nicholas
            Tanermanovich Toronto. CA
            Michael Sabo b. ? m. Ethel ?
            British Columbia,CA
            This is the info that I have of the present generation, Nothing beyond my
            greatgrandparents. Those are the ones I am looking for. The church records
            do not cover the same time frame.
            Thanks for your interest, Jane, Hope there is one branch of your family
            tree!!!
            Blessings,
            Vera
            On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 10:44 AM, Jane Murray <jmurray6475@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Dear Vera,
            > Where are your "Sabo's" from? Mine as of 1784 are from the present
            > village of Torysa, Sabinov, Presovsky Kraj, Slovakia. They then went onto
            > the town current town of Spisske Podhradie (formerly Varallya), and then
            > onto Spisska Nova Ves (formerly Iglo), then finally to the Pennsylvania.
            > If connected, let me know. Jane

          • William C. Wormuth
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 4, 2012
              I would search for Kohút In stead of Kohuté:
              http://www.zoznam.sk/hladaj.fcgi?co=telzoznam&s=Kohut&mesto=Michalovce&ulica=&psc=&uto=&net_fixed=1&net_mobile=1&net_alt=1

              z Bohom,

              Vilo