Re: research

  • John
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 4 4:49 AM
      >>> I would like to know if anyone would be interest in doing research for me. I need help in looking for my relatives in slovakia.

      I'm need of some help in looking up some Birth,Marriage, Death records on my father side of the family. . .

      I need all information to be translated Slovak to English. <<<

      How did you get all the exact dates? Are you AWARE that the archived church records have been filmed and those EXACT same images are now available online? The films are available for research via your nearest LDS Family History Center. You need to specify a religion.

      The church records are found at the following web site with some help in terms of wading thru the steps.

      https://www.familysearch.org/search/image/index#uri=https%3A//api.familysearch.org/records/collection/1554443/waypoints

      RC records for Zborov are from 1763 and are found along this path:
      Slovakia, Church and Synagogue Books, 1592-1910Roman CatholicBardejovZborov

      What exactly do you need translated from Slovak to English? The record notes are generally in Hungarian or Latin.
    • jerubasky1
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 4 7:37 AM
        Curt B.
> [...]

        > > Born: 16 Mar 1966 Allentown, Lehigh,PA USA
        > > Death:
        > > Married: 28 Jan 2006 in Plymouth Twp. Wayne, MI USA
        > >
        > > Joshua L. Kaiman (My husband)
        > > Born: 12 Jun. 1959 in Colorado Springs, El Paso, CO USA
        > > Death:
        > >

        > > James J. Rubasky (My Dad)
        > > Born: 09 Nov 1936 in Coplay,Lehigh,PA USA
        > > Death:
        > > Married: 19 Jun. 1965 in Coplay,Lehigh,PA
        > >
        > > Judith Kokolus (My Mom)
        > > Born: 09 Jun 1942 in Cement,Lehigh,PA
        > > Death:
        > >

        > > John J. Rubasky (My Grandfather)
        > > Born: 29 Jun 1900 in Allegheny City, Allegheny,PA USA
        > > Death: 21 Oct. 1957 in Allentown,Lehigh,PA USA
        > > Married: 10 Oct. 1922 in Northampton,Lehigh, PA USA
        > >
        > > Mary E. Kimock (My Grandmother)
        > > Born: 05 Sept. 1904 in Northampton, Lehigh,PA USA
        > > Death: 30 July 1977 in Coplay,Lehigh, PA USA
        > >

        > > Josef(Joseph)Rubacky (My Great-Grandfather)
        > > Born: 19 Jul. 1868 in Zborov,Slovakia
        > > Marriage: 17 Feb. 1897 at St. Margaret Roman Catholic Church in Zborov,Slovakia to Anna Superka
        > > Death: 04 Mar. 1942 in Allentown,Lehigh,PA USA
        > >
        > > Anna E. Superka (My Great-Grandmother)
        > > Born: 26 Jul. 1880 in Dubovica, Slovakia
        > > Death: 21 Nov. 1926 Philadephia, Philadephia,PA USA
        > >

        > > Josef Rubaczky (My Great-Great-Grandfather)
        > > Born: 17 April 1842 in Zborov, Slovakia
        > > Marriage: 21 Nov. 1866 at ????? in Zborov, Slovakia to Maria Matusovits
        > > Death: Unknown
        > >

        > > Maria Matusovits (My Great-Great-Grandmother)
        > > Born: 17 Feb. 1849 in Zborov, Slovakia
        > > Death: Unknown
        > >

        > > And. Rubaczky (My Great-Great-Great-Grandfather)
        > > Born: 18 Nov. 1802 in Zborov, Saris, Slovakia
        > > Marriage: 1. Maria Zajacz- Unknown 2. Anna Cseluch
        > > Death: 18 Jul. 1849 in Zborov,Saris,Slovakia
        > >
        > > 1. Maria Zajacz (My first Great-Great-Great-Grandmother)
        > > Born: 16 Jan 1807 in Zborov,Saris,Slovkia
        > > Death: 05 Jun 1835 in Zborov,Saris,Slovkia
        > > Married: 07 Feb. 1820 in Zborov,Saris, Slovkia
        > >
        > > 2. Anna Cseluch (My second Great-Great-Great-Grandmother)
        > > Birth: 20 Jul 1814 in Zborov,Saris,Slovkia
        > > Death: 05 Jun 18????? in
        > > Married: 08 Jul. 1835 in Zborov, Saris, Slovakia
        > >

        > > Josephus Rubaczky(MY Great-Great-Great-Great Grandfather)
        > > Born: 15 Aug. 1772 Unknown
        > > Death: Unknown
        > > Married: 08 Oct. 1795 in Zborov, Saris, Slovakia
        > >
        > > Maria Tegy(My Great-Great-Great-Great Grandmother)
        > > Born: ???? 1774 in Unknown
        > > Death: Unknown
        > >
        > > Josephus Rubaczky(My Great-Great-Great-Great-Great Grandfather)
        > > Born: Unknown 1746 Unknown
        > > Death: Unknown
        > > Married: Unknown
        > >
        > > Maria Unknown (My Great-Great-Great-Great-Great Grandmother)
        > > Born: Unknown 1750
        > > Death:Unknown
        > >

        > > I hope you can help me out on this project of my. I have been tracing this family since 1991 so any new information would be most welcome to me.
        > >
        > > My husband and I hope that someday that we can visit this part of Slovika.

      • John
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 4 8:08 AM
          >>> I'm need of some help in looking up some Birth,Marriage, Death records on my father side of the family.<<<

          Could you be more specific?
          1) Religion?
          2) Village name?
          3) Year
          4) Surname(s)

          The church records are available online.
        • jerubasky1
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 4 8:24 AM
            John:

            1) Religion:roman catholic or Greek Catholic or Jewish(maybe)

            2) Village: name Zborov=Bardejov District in Presov region of Northeast Slovakia,Dubovica,Zupa,Slovakia

            3)Dates: 1700-Present

            4)Surname:Rubaczky,Rubacky,Rubasky,Superka,Martonak,Matusovits,Czeluch,Kopcsak,Zajacz and Tegy

            > Could you be more specific?
            > 1) Religion
            2) Village name Zborov=Bardejov District in Presov region of Northeast Slovakia,Dubovica,Zupa,Slovakia

            > 3) Year
            > 4) Surname:Rubaczky,Rubacky,Rubasky,Superka,Martonak,Matusovits,Czeluch,Kopcsak,Zajacz
            >
            > The church records are available online.

          • Michael Mojher
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 5 9:22 AM
              Your surnames Rubasky and all variation and Superka were not in the 1995 Slovak Census. It doesn’t mean they don’t exist, but would require a deeper search.

              Ceperko had 94 listings in 14 locations. #1 location was Dubovica with 21. So you should search these records.

              Dubovica had these listed Ružbarská Ruzbarska Ruzsbarszka Ružbarský Ruzbarsky Ruzsbarszky, I suggest that Rubasky was the Americanized version of the name. Dubovica had six possibilities.

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 5 4:38 PM
                Surname search in 1995 Census

                MARTOŇÁK DUBOVICA, okr. PREŠOV (od r. 1996 SABINOV) – 18×, 61× listings in 19 location. Dubovica #1 location.

                Matyusovits no listings.

                Czeluch not listing. Alternative – CEĽUCH 84 listings in 24 locations. Is found in Zborov.

                KOPCSÁK 5 listing in Kosice. Other places: Andrejova, Sambron, Kolackov, Maly Lipnik, Cemerne, Humenne, Komarany, , Humenne, Caklov, Sol. The first four a close to one another. And the last 6 close to one another. The first four I know since my ancestral village neighbors them.
                ZAJACZ 7 listings in 4 locations: OHRADY, POHRONSKÝ RUSKOV, KOMÁRNO, NOVÝ TEKOV

                Tegy no listings.