Re: [S-R] Question about Family Search Updates

  • John
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 3, 2012
      >>> Hello, I . also, am really interested in possible new up to date church records, !!! Need more up to date records to get the info that I need <<<

      Perhaps you misunderstand. The church records will not be "new up to date". They are exactly the same as available on film. LDS does not inform about its progress on digitizing films. Even worse, the ability to find posted films is a challenge even for those of us that supposedly know how.
    • John
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 3, 2012
        >>> I previously ordered some films for Bucany, but the records are not online yet. <<<

        YES, they are getting there. I see ONE film(#418) online. The rest might be mis-catalogued. You might want to send a query to LDS.

        Slovakia, Church and Synagogue Books, 1592-1910 Roman Catholic Trnava Bučany
      • Jane Murray
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 4, 2012
          Dear Vera,
          Where are your "Sabo's" from?  Mine as of 1784 are from the present village of Torysa, Sabinov, Presovsky Kraj, Slovakia. They then went onto the town current town of Spisske Podhradie (formerly Varallya), and then onto Spisska Nova Ves (formerly Iglo), then finally to the Pennsylvania.  If connected, let me know.  Jane

          ________________________________
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 4, 2012
            Listed names have telephone listings in Michalovce:http://www.zoznam.sk/hladaj.fcgi?co=telzoznam&s=hospodar&mesto=&ulica=&psc=0&uto=&net_fixed=1&net_mobile=1&net_alt=1

            ________________________________

            <pman40@...>wrote:

            > Good question Dawn. I am curious about the answer too.
            >
            > Sandra
            > On Mar 3, 2012, at 3:56 PM, dmgnew wrote:
            >
            > > I thought I saw something in a post recently that indicated that there
            > should be an update to the Slovak church records soon. I believe someone in
            > the group has some connections. I previously ordered some films for Bucany,
            > but the records are not online yet. I'm curious if there is any status
            > available. Also, does the FHL have any published schedule for posting
            > records? Thanks.
            > > - Dawn

          • vera holman
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 4, 2012
              Dear Jane,
              Thanks for your interests in my SABO research. The earliest facts
              I have on my "tree" is that it starts with my greatgrandparents, John
              Kudra(o) b. 1848,d. 1928 , m. Anna Hospodar b. 1850d. 1910.
              My grandparents are George Sabo 1875 d.1930, married Mary Kudra,
              Their siblings chilcren : Julia Sabo m. Mike Marga
              Mary Sabo m. Mike Kohute
              ? daughter m. John Hospodar
              John Sabo m. Elizabeth Kolesar I know that with my
              Mom 's geneation (b. 1903) was in the town of Michalovce. The rest of that
              geneation , Michael, Rose, Julia went to Canada.

              On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 10:44 AM, Jane Murray <jmurray6475@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > Dear Vera,
              > Where are your "Sabo's" from? Mine as of 1784 are from the present
              > village of Torysa, Sabinov, Presovsky Kraj, Slovakia. They then went onto
              > the town current town of Spisske Podhradie (formerly Varallya), and then
              > onto Spisska Nova Ves (formerly Iglo), then finally to the Pennsylvania.
              > If connected, let me know. Jane
              >
              > ________________________________

            • vera holman
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 4, 2012
                Jane, I did start putting the names in print, but with this new set-up that
                Gmail is putting it, sometimes the click I usaually made before,now it
                means something else with them??? I lost the first notation of my family
                tree, so hopefully, it will go to you!!!
                The town of the earliest residence for the SABO family is Michalovce..
                My greatgrandparents, John Kudra, (o) b. 1848 d 1928 m. Anna Hospodar
                1850-1910.
                Known children, Mary Kudra m. George Sabo
                My grandparents, +George Sabo b. 1875 d.1930
                Siblings of George
                Julia Sabo m. Mike Marga
                Elisabeth Sabo m. Frank Fulton
                Mary Sabo m. Mike Kohute
                ? daughter m John Hospodar
                John Sabo m. Elisabeth
                Kolesor
                +George Sabo m. Mary Kudra
                children Mary Sabo b. 1897 m. George Butkoslky NJ
                - US
                Anna Sabo b. 1903 m John Beley (Bailley
                americanized) PA
                Rosa Sabo b. 1906 m. Michael
                Smolak Hamiliton, CA
                Julis Sabo b. 1908 m Nicholas
                Tanermanovich Toronto. CA
                Michael Sabo b. ? m. Ethel ?
                British Columbia,CA
                This is the info that I have of the present generation, Nothing beyond my
                greatgrandparents. Those are the ones I am looking for. The church records
                do not cover the same time frame.
                Thanks for your interest, Jane, Hope there is one branch of your family
                tree!!!
                Blessings,
                Vera
                On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 10:44 AM, Jane Murray <jmurray6475@...> wrote:

                > **
                >

                > Dear Vera,
                > Where are your "Sabo's" from? Mine as of 1784 are from the present
                > village of Torysa, Sabinov, Presovsky Kraj, Slovakia. They then went onto
                > the town current town of Spisske Podhradie (formerly Varallya), and then
                > onto Spisska Nova Ves (formerly Iglo), then finally to the Pennsylvania.
                > If connected, let me know. Jane

              • William C. Wormuth
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 4, 2012
                  I would search for Kohút In stead of Kohuté:
                  http://www.zoznam.sk/hladaj.fcgi?co=telzoznam&s=Kohut&mesto=Michalovce&ulica=&psc=&uto=&net_fixed=1&net_mobile=1&net_alt=1

                  z Bohom,

                  Vilo