Re: [S-R] Question about Family Search Updates

  • vera holman
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 3, 2012
      Hello, I . also, am really interested in possible new up to date church
      records, !!! Need more up to date records to get the info that I need for
      researching my SABO, KUDRA (O) , HOSPODAR, families!! Let me know ,
      please. Thanks, Vera

      On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 1:02 PM, Sandra & John Panzitta
      <pman40@...>wrote:

      > Good question Dawn. I am curious about the answer too.
      >
      > Sandra
      > On Mar 3, 2012, at 3:56 PM, dmgnew wrote:
      >
      > > I thought I saw something in a post recently that indicated that there
      > should be an update to the Slovak church records soon. I believe someone in
      > the group has some connections. I previously ordered some films for Bucany,
      > but the records are not online yet. I'm curious if there is any status
      > available. Also, does the FHL have any published schedule for posting
      > records? Thanks.
      > > - Dawn

    • John
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 3, 2012
        >>> Hello, I . also, am really interested in possible new up to date church records, !!! Need more up to date records to get the info that I need <<<

        Perhaps you misunderstand. The church records will not be "new up to date". They are exactly the same as available on film. LDS does not inform about its progress on digitizing films. Even worse, the ability to find posted films is a challenge even for those of us that supposedly know how.
      • John
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 3, 2012
          >>> I previously ordered some films for Bucany, but the records are not online yet. <<<

          YES, they are getting there. I see ONE film(#418) online. The rest might be mis-catalogued. You might want to send a query to LDS.

          Slovakia, Church and Synagogue Books, 1592-1910 Roman Catholic Trnava Bučany
        • Jane Murray
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 4, 2012
            Dear Vera,
            Where are your "Sabo's" from?  Mine as of 1784 are from the present village of Torysa, Sabinov, Presovsky Kraj, Slovakia. They then went onto the town current town of Spisske Podhradie (formerly Varallya), and then onto Spisska Nova Ves (formerly Iglo), then finally to the Pennsylvania.  If connected, let me know.  Jane

            ________________________________

            <pman40@...>wrote:

            > Good question Dawn. I am curious about the answer too.
            >
            > Sandra
            > On Mar 3, 2012, at 3:56 PM, dmgnew wrote:
            >
            > > I thought I saw something in a post recently that indicated that there
            > should be an update to the Slovak church records soon. I believe someone in
            > the group has some connections. I previously ordered some films for Bucany,
            > but the records are not online yet. I'm curious if there is any status
            > available. Also, does the FHL have any published schedule for posting
            > records? Thanks.
            > > - Dawn

          • William C. Wormuth
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 4, 2012
              Listed names have telephone listings in Michalovce:http://www.zoznam.sk/hladaj.fcgi?co=telzoznam&s=hospodar&mesto=&ulica=&psc=0&uto=&net_fixed=1&net_mobile=1&net_alt=1

              ________________________________

              <pman40@...>wrote:

              > Good question Dawn. I am curious about the answer too.
              >
              > Sandra
              > On Mar 3, 2012, at 3:56 PM, dmgnew wrote:
              >
              > > I thought I saw something in a post recently that indicated that there
              > should be an update to the Slovak church records soon. I believe someone in
              > the group has some connections. I previously ordered some films for Bucany,
              > but the records are not online yet. I'm curious if there is any status
              > available. Also, does the FHL have any published schedule for posting
              > records? Thanks.
              > > - Dawn

            • vera holman
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 4, 2012
                Dear Jane,
                Thanks for your interests in my SABO research. The earliest facts
                I have on my "tree" is that it starts with my greatgrandparents, John
                Kudra(o) b. 1848,d. 1928 , m. Anna Hospodar b. 1850d. 1910.
                My grandparents are George Sabo 1875 d.1930, married Mary Kudra,
                Their siblings chilcren : Julia Sabo m. Mike Marga
                Mary Sabo m. Mike Kohute
                ? daughter m. John Hospodar
                John Sabo m. Elizabeth Kolesar I know that with my
                Mom 's geneation (b. 1903) was in the town of Michalovce. The rest of that
                geneation , Michael, Rose, Julia went to Canada.

                On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 10:44 AM, Jane Murray <jmurray6475@...> wrote:

                > **
                >

                > Dear Vera,
                > Where are your "Sabo's" from? Mine as of 1784 are from the present
                > village of Torysa, Sabinov, Presovsky Kraj, Slovakia. They then went onto
                > the town current town of Spisske Podhradie (formerly Varallya), and then
                > onto Spisska Nova Ves (formerly Iglo), then finally to the Pennsylvania.
                > If connected, let me know. Jane
                >
                > ________________________________

              • vera holman
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 4, 2012
                  Jane, I did start putting the names in print, but with this new set-up that
                  Gmail is putting it, sometimes the click I usaually made before,now it
                  means something else with them??? I lost the first notation of my family
                  tree, so hopefully, it will go to you!!!
                  The town of the earliest residence for the SABO family is Michalovce..
                  My greatgrandparents, John Kudra, (o) b. 1848 d 1928 m. Anna Hospodar
                  1850-1910.
                  Known children, Mary Kudra m. George Sabo
                  My grandparents, +George Sabo b. 1875 d.1930
                  Siblings of George
                  Julia Sabo m. Mike Marga
                  Elisabeth Sabo m. Frank Fulton
                  Mary Sabo m. Mike Kohute
                  ? daughter m John Hospodar
                  John Sabo m. Elisabeth
                  Kolesor
                  +George Sabo m. Mary Kudra
                  children Mary Sabo b. 1897 m. George Butkoslky NJ
                  - US
                  Anna Sabo b. 1903 m John Beley (Bailley
                  americanized) PA
                  Rosa Sabo b. 1906 m. Michael
                  Smolak Hamiliton, CA
                  Julis Sabo b. 1908 m Nicholas
                  Tanermanovich Toronto. CA
                  Michael Sabo b. ? m. Ethel ?
                  British Columbia,CA
                  This is the info that I have of the present generation, Nothing beyond my
                  greatgrandparents. Those are the ones I am looking for. The church records
                  do not cover the same time frame.
                  Thanks for your interest, Jane, Hope there is one branch of your family
                  tree!!!
                  Blessings,
                  Vera
                  On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 10:44 AM, Jane Murray <jmurray6475@...> wrote:

                  > **
                  >

                  > Dear Vera,
                  > Where are your "Sabo's" from? Mine as of 1784 are from the present
                  > village of Torysa, Sabinov, Presovsky Kraj, Slovakia. They then went onto
                  > the town current town of Spisske Podhradie (formerly Varallya), and then
                  > onto Spisska Nova Ves (formerly Iglo), then finally to the Pennsylvania.
                  > If connected, let me know. Jane

                • William C. Wormuth
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 4, 2012
                    I would search for Kohút In stead of Kohuté:
                    http://www.zoznam.sk/hladaj.fcgi?co=telzoznam&s=Kohut&mesto=Michalovce&ulica=&psc=&uto=&net_fixed=1&net_mobile=1&net_alt=1

                    z Bohom,

                    Vilo