New Member Introduction: Dave VESELY

  • veselydg
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3 8:02 AM
      Just a quick note to introduce myself to members of this group. I grew up in ST. PAUL, Minnesota as did my father, Joseph VESELY. His father, Anton Vesely (b. 1890) emigrated in 1914 from an area around VEJVANOV and HLOHOVICE in the historical region of BOHEMIA. Anton's sister, Anna, also lived in St. Paul as I was growing up and was married to Frank SOCHUREK. My Dad's Mom, Elizabeth BROM, was born in VESELI, Minnesota and married Anton in 1919. Other names that show up in the most recent generations of our family's charts are ZAHROBSKY, VANEK, BANDAK, SANTNER, and KOSAR.

      My Mother, Lois ELERT Vesely, started researching my Dad's family more than 25 years when she couldn't get much further in her own family's genealogy. She died in 2005 and I inherited the boxes of her research materials. My Mom has collected quite a few letters and documents from my Dad's family, as well as notes from interviews with family members. I'd by happy to share any of this information with others doing research on related families.

      Dave Vesely
      Corvallis, Oregon, USA
    • Albert Kaminsky
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 6 5:22 PM
        Dave,

        I noticed that you have "Vanek" in your family.  Were your Vanek relatives from Holic?  My grandmother Tokos nee Vanek was from Holic.

        Al Kaminsky

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 7 5:59 AM
          Hi Al,

          My Dad’s maternal Grandmother was Marie VANEK (b. 1855, SEVETIN, CZ). Her Dad was Frank Vanek and mother was Marie MAREK, both apparently lived in Sevetin their entire lives. Not sure how far Sevetin is from Holic. I don’t see that town listed in any of the records my Mother collected. Good luck in your research!

          Dave Vesely

          I noticed that you have "Vanek" in your family. Were your Vanek relatives from Holic? My grandmother Tokos nee Vanek was from Holic.

          Al Kaminsky

        • helene cincebeaux
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 7 6:50 AM
            Hi Dave,