Re: finding village

  • John
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2012
      Could be Milanová, CR

      CURRENT MAP
      To locate places in Europe, especially if you are not sure of the proper spelling of the place name, the best reference is found at http://www.jewishgen.org/ShtetlSeeker/loctown.htm

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Czech <boiirose@...> wrote:

      > I was given info that two distant relatives were born in Milan CZ 1904, 1905
      > Why can I not find any reference to a Milan CZ or am I just not thinking
      > through this?
      >
      > --
      > *Lorna R. Stein*

    • t.salony
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2012
        Lorna,

        If you could give more complete information someone might be able to help you. Are you interpreting someone's handwritten info? The former country of Czechoslovakia did not exist in 1904-'05, so it is important to know where from where such a reference has come.

        TOM

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Czech <boiirose@...> wrote:

        > I was given info that two distant relatives were born in Milan CZ 1904, 1905
        > Why can I not find any reference to a Milan CZ or am I just not thinking
        > through this?
        >
        > --
        > *Lorna R. Stein*

      • William C. Wormuth
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2012
          Milin is in the Czech Republik

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 1, 2012
            Indeed it is. 49°38' N 14°03' E Southwest of Prague and southeast of Plzen.