finding village

  • Czech
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2012
      I was given info that two distant relatives were born in Milan CZ 1904, 1905
      Why can I not find any reference to a Milan CZ or am I just not thinking
      through this?

      --
      *Lorna R. Stein*

    • John
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2012
        Could be Milanová, CR

        CURRENT MAP
        To locate places in Europe, especially if you are not sure of the proper spelling of the place name, the best reference is found at http://www.jewishgen.org/ShtetlSeeker/loctown.htm

        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Czech <boiirose@...> wrote:

        > I was given info that two distant relatives were born in Milan CZ 1904, 1905
        > Why can I not find any reference to a Milan CZ or am I just not thinking
        > through this?
        >
        > --
        > *Lorna R. Stein*

      • t.salony
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2012
          Lorna,

          If you could give more complete information someone might be able to help you. Are you interpreting someone's handwritten info? The former country of Czechoslovakia did not exist in 1904-'05, so it is important to know where from where such a reference has come.

          TOM

          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Czech <boiirose@...> wrote:

          > I was given info that two distant relatives were born in Milan CZ 1904, 1905
          > Why can I not find any reference to a Milan CZ or am I just not thinking
          > through this?
          >
          > --
          > *Lorna R. Stein*

        • William C. Wormuth
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 1, 2012
            Milin is in the Czech Republik

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 1, 2012
              Indeed it is. 49°38' N 14°03' E Southwest of Prague and southeast of Plzen.