Re: [S-R] Digest Number 511

  • John
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 17, 2001
      At 01:38 PM 2/17/01 -0500, you wrote:
      >TO: sabinov@... LISTOWNER
      >I am new to this LIST & personally think the problem is YAHOO.
      >Having to go through Yahoo. It is a royal PAIN! I started not to join
      >this list, it was such a Pain to go through the Hoops for Yahoo. Also,
      >every other LIST I am on, no matter which kind... you UN-subscribe by
      >sending that email to the LIST, that & having to DEAL with Yahoo, could
      >be everyones problem. Just my thoughts. jan :-)

      Jan, perhaps LIST is a misnomer. Slovak-Roots was an E-GROUP and Yahoo is
      retaining the same GROUP format. Mailing lists are usually available only
      by mail in a digest or individual mail format. The GROUP concept allows
      you to receive mail as individual, digest, or no e-mail format. The last
      means that you can go to the web site and read the mail there. All the
      mail is archived there and a search can be run on keywords, dates, topics,
      etc.

      Another feature of the group is that it allows you to post graphics and
      other files which then can be available to all members of the GROUP. Yahoo
      has added a "chat" capability and has or will be adding additional
      features. I find the "GROUP" approach to be a much more useful and
      flexible concept than the LIST. Try it, you'll like it. ;-)

      John (incidentally, I'm a he)