Re: [S-R] Digest Number 511

  • gografix
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 17, 2001
      TO: sabinov@... LISTOWNER
      I am new to this LIST & personally think the problem is YAHOO.
      Having to go through Yahoo. It is a royal PAIN! I started not to join
      this list, it was such a Pain to go through the Hoops for Yahoo. Also,
      every other LIST I am on, no matter which kind... you UN-subscribe by
      sending that email to the LIST, that & having to DEAL with Yahoo, could
      be everyones problem. Just my thoughts. jan :-)

      > Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 23:01:09 -0000
      > From: sabinov@...
      > Subject: Please read! Directions!
      >
      > Dear listmembers,Pardon my venting here a bit :)I'm a bit baffled why this list seems to have so many problems withpeople sending unsubscribe commands to the list... it is NOT thatdifficult and this is a situation which seems to occur every weeklately.I -do- realize that the recent change to the yahoo administration maybe -part- of it, but those of you who have been on the list forawhile know this is an on-going problem. I send reminders, I have thedirections posted on our homepage (which not 1/3 of you seem to havevisited by the page counts..)I just don't know what else to do.For the record, PLEASE bookmark the list's page at yahoohttp://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS This is the page that youwould need to go to in order to unsubscribe/change the way you getmail/read list mail from another computer etc. It is also the pageyou can give anyone who wishes to join this list.Be sure to tell them tho that they will have to sign in onyahoogroups to join. Again, the directio!
      ns are on
      > the page -- if theyare not a member there should be prompts that come up.Honestly, I don't mean to fuss, but I can't understand why this issuch a problem, and it puts the burden on me to constantly eitherexplain things (which gets boring) or handle things manually becausepeople just won't do things the right way.Thank you for your cooperation in this. PLEASE bookmark that page.MauraSLOVAK-ROOTS listowner
    • John Kozakiewicz
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 17, 2001
        I have not had any problem going thru YAHOO. It was a snap.....John Kozakiewicz

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 17, 2001
          At 01:38 PM 2/17/01 -0500, you wrote:
          >TO: sabinov@... LISTOWNER
          >I am new to this LIST & personally think the problem is YAHOO.
          >Having to go through Yahoo. It is a royal PAIN! I started not to join
          >this list, it was such a Pain to go through the Hoops for Yahoo. Also,
          >every other LIST I am on, no matter which kind... you UN-subscribe by
          >sending that email to the LIST, that & having to DEAL with Yahoo, could
          >be everyones problem. Just my thoughts. jan :-)

          Jan, perhaps LIST is a misnomer. Slovak-Roots was an E-GROUP and Yahoo is
          retaining the same GROUP format. Mailing lists are usually available only
          by mail in a digest or individual mail format. The GROUP concept allows
          you to receive mail as individual, digest, or no e-mail format. The last
          means that you can go to the web site and read the mail there. All the
          mail is archived there and a search can be run on keywords, dates, topics,
          etc.

          Another feature of the group is that it allows you to post graphics and
          other files which then can be available to all members of the GROUP. Yahoo
          has added a "chat" capability and has or will be adding additional
          features. I find the "GROUP" approach to be a much more useful and
          flexible concept than the LIST. Try it, you'll like it. ;-)

          John (incidentally, I'm a he)