Struhar Genealogy Page

  • Elaine Summerhill
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 23, 2012
      Following the lead of another, I've put together a Struhar Genealogy page on Face Book.  I know that some other names will be found there, i.e., Mifkovic, Slezak, etc.  It's for discussion & posting pictures.  The page can be found at:

      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Struhar-Genealogy/353375804702882%c2%a0

      I think I have it set up as an "open" page, but I'm not sure.

      Elaine Miller Summerhill
      A Struhar Granddaughter

    • Michael Mojher
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 23, 2012
        Elaine,
        It is an open page. A nice start to you page. On my page I used the “Links” area to post information on Slovakia and the ancestral villages. You can do the same for where the family lived in the USA. It gives family members who may not know their history a chance to see it.

        Following the lead of another, I've put together a Struhar Genealogy page on Face Book. I know that some other names will be found there, i.e., Mifkovic, Slezak, etc. It's for discussion & posting pictures. The page can be found at:

        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Struhar-Genealogy/353375804702882

        I think I have it set up as an "open" page, but I'm not sure.

        Elaine Miller Summerhill
        A Struhar Granddaughter

      • William C. Wormuth
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 23, 2012
          Michael,

          What kind of info would you like?

          Vilo

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 23, 2012
            I also thought this was a terrifc idea. Since all of my surnames come from Gajary I decided to start one for the village instead of numerous name pages. I'm on my phone so I can't copy the link but anyone interested, look up Descendants of Gajary. I just started it and haven't had time to add all the info yet but will get on that in the next few days. It seems that all names there overlap at some point so I'm hoping anyone searching Gajary will happen across it. -Karen

            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Elaine Summerhill <jato791@...> wrote:

            > Following the lead of another, I've put together a Struhar Genealogy page on Face Book.  I know that some other names will be found there, i.e., Mifkovic, Slezak, etc.  It's for discussion & posting pictures.  The page can be found at:
            >
            > http://www.facebook.com/pages/Struhar-Genealogy/353375804702882%c2%a0
            >

            > I think I have it set up as an "open" page, but I'm not sure.
            >
            > Elaine Miller Summerhill
            > A Struhar Granddaughter

          • deeellessbee
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 23, 2012
              Elaine, this looks great. You have such wonderful photos! I don't think anyone in the history of my family ever owned a camera! Or else everyone was camera-shy and never wanted their picture taken!

              That aversion to technology must run in the family - I think I'm the last person in the world who is not on Facebook! I'm glad I was able to see your page without having an account.

              Debbie

              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Elaine Summerhill <jato791@...> wrote:

              > Following the lead of another, I've put together a Struhar Genealogy page on Face Book.  I know that some other names will be found there, i.e., Mifkovic, Slezak, etc.  It's for discussion & posting pictures.  The page can be found at:
              >
              > http://www.facebook.com/pages/Struhar-Genealogy/353375804702882%c2%a0
              >

              > I think I have it set up as an "open" page, but I'm not sure.
              >
              > Elaine Miller Summerhill
              > A Struhar Granddaughter

            • Michael Mojher
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 23, 2012
                Vilo,
                There are a variety of webpages in Slovakia that give information about a location.http://en.e-obce.sk/ is one of my favorites. There are other sites for the the Orkes, such as http://www.saris.eu.sk/en. There are good travel sites for Slovakia that can give people an overview of the country, like www.slovakia.travel

                It would be nice to collect quality websites on Slovakia. Do you have any that are in English?

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 23, 2012
                  >>> There are other sites for the the Orkes <<<

                  It is okres.
                • Elaine Summerhill
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 23, 2012
                    That's a great idea re: the links and Slovakia!  I was thinking of using the 'map' function if it's available for where the family lived / lives in the US.  Thanks all for visiting the page!

                    Elaine Miller Summerhill

                    >Elaine,
                    >It is an open page. A nice start to you page. On my page I used the “Links” area to post information on Slovakia and the ancestral villages. You can do the same for where the family lived in the USA. It gives family members who may not know their history a chance to see it.

                  • William C. Wormuth
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 23, 2012
                      Michale,

                      Here is some info you might use.  I appreciate how much you have helped people here.  If I think of more, I will forward.
                                                        ________________________________

                                            http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/kingdom_of_hungary.htm
                                              _______________________________________
                                                                _____________________

                      Below is a listing of Regions. Each contains  a list of Districts, (Okresy) and towns:

                      Banska Bystrica region: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bansk%C3%A1_Bystrica_Region
                      Bratislava Region: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bratislava_Region
                      Kosice Region: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ko%C5%A1ice_Region
                      Nitra Region: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitra_Region