Szabo's - Varallya, Tancza Slovakia _ Thank You!

  • Jane Murray
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2012
      I was to finally find the birth record for my great, great grandfather.  Thanks to the suggestion of looking into the Levoca records and Spisske Podhradie for the former village of Varallya; I found "Lucas Martin Szabo" and family.  His father was from the village of Tancza, now Torysa Sabinov, Slovakia.  Mother is from Varallya.  Unfortunately, the records for Tancza only go back as far as 1835, he had left by then.  I will have to contact the Church in that town.  I believe it is Sacred Heart of Jesus.  I have the address.  Thanks for the suggestions and guidance, I will be back for more help and possibly assist others.
      Jane Murray