Re: 1857 census

  • hungarian family record
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 14, 2012
      MY TYPO 1757. I reread and you did say 1857 ( I have never seen them as they do not have them for my region ) but the thought of some existing and that they have such great information sounds wonderful .

      I KNOW THIS IS A FAR SHOT BUT I could not find a marriage record for ancestor in the Catholic church (records were missing off film). So years later , I was looking in the same town, same year for another name at a Lutheran church, the Catholic couple were registered ! Sometimes there is duplicate registration also with Lutheran and Catholic churches or for some reason , Calvinists were okay to register in Catholic registers .

      I have found lots of clues hitting all different registers , esp. if it's in a small village .

      Good luck