Genealogical fun - "pampeliškove víno"

  • rmschroe
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 7, 2012
      Greetings -

      I was scanning a few handwritten notes from my great grandmother Antonie Zezulka, and I came across one with the heading "pampeliškove víno". I used an online translator and found out it was a recipe for dandelion wine! You never know what you are going to find in your family history researching.

      Rick Schroeder
      Colorado
    • lkocik@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 8, 2012
        Rick

         I'd like your great grandmother's reci pe, if it wouldn't be a problem.

           If your o.k. with passing it along but don't want to post it on the forum, would you forward it to me at lkocik@... .

         My gramma used to make dandelion wine...didn't give a buzz, it just tasted really good. It's good mixed with Celestial Seasonings Red Zinger tea.

        thank you.

        larry

         I live in Boulder County

        I was scanning a few handwritten notes from my great grandmother Antonie Zezulka, and I came across one with the heading "pampeliškove víno".  I used an online translator and found out it was a recipe for dandelion wine!  You never know what you are going to find in your family history researching.

        Rick Schroeder
        Colorado

      • William C. Wormuth
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 8, 2012
          https://www.google.com/search?q=pampeli%C5%A1kove+v%C3%ADno&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&source=hp&q=pampeli%C5%A1kove+v%C3%ADno&psj=1&oq=pampeli%C5%A1kove+v%C3%ADno&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=25240l25240l0l27775l1l1l0l0l0l0l125l125l0.1l1l0&fp=1&biw=960&bih=450&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&cad=b

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 8, 2012
            Vilo

             Thank you. Rick sent me his gramma's recipe too.

             Besides the flowers being used for wine, my gramma used the leaves like raw spinach, in a salad.

             Those immigrants didn't waste anything. Most of my gramma's back yard was a vegetable garden.

            Larry

            https://www.google.com/search?q=pampeli%C5%A1kove+v%C3%ADno&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&source=hp&q=pampeli%C5%A1kove+v%C3%ADno&psj=1&oq=pampeli%C5%A1kove+v%C3%ADno&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=25240l25240l0l27775l1l1l0l0l0l0l125l125l0.1l1l0&fp=1&biw=960&bih=450&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&cad=b

            I was scanning a few handwritten notes from my great grandmother Antonie Zezulka, and I came across one with the heading "pampeliškove víno".  I used an online translator and found out it was a recipe for dandelion wine!  You never know what you are going to find in your family history researching.

            Rick Schroeder
            Colorado

          • Ron
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 8, 2012
              Hi Folks,

              Just a reminder that this is a genealogy discussion group. It is for discussion and assistance of family history, including topics as they relate to you research. I occasionally allow very limited digressions.
              These restrictions are in place to focus our group on its mission (see the forum description at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS/ ) Most of you are aware of this guideline already and I insist that you respect it, or we may have to put offenders into moderation mode. I don't want to have to do this.

              Thanks for your cooperation.