I'm looking for information on the following surnames. They are Rubaczky,Rubacky

  • jerubasky1
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 3, 2012
      Hello Everyone: I would like to start out by thank each and everyone of you allowing me to join your group. I hope you can help me out here.

      I'm looking for information on the following surnames. They are Rubaczky,Rubacky,Superka,Martinak,Kimock,Belush,Czeluch,Matusovics,Kopcsak and Martusovics,Ceperko,Zelenak and Zajacz, Tegy and Matasovitz, Celusnak. I'm also looking for my Great-Grandfather Josef(Joseph) Rubacky brother Michael Rubasky or Rubacky last of resident was Chicago, IL in 1920 and his World War I draft states date of birth as 17 Oct. 1888. After 1920 Census in Chicago,IL he Disappear. All of my relatives come from Zborov,Saris,Slovakia and Dubovica, Slovakia. My Great-Grandparents came to United States around 1886 or 1890's settled in Allegheny City(which is now Pittsburgh)Pennsylvania before finally settling in the Lehigh Valley and McAdoo, Hazelton Pennsylvania area. My Great Grandfather Josef(Joseph) had one sister who Settled in Minneapolis, Minnesota area. I hope to have some luck with this group.
      JoAnne E.(Rubasky) Kaiman
    • Michael Mojher
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 3, 2012
        JoAnne,
        You have a very long list of surnames. And you know that that are all from Zborov and Dubovica, Slovakia. What exactly are you searching for concerning them?

        This is the link to the Zborov online Roman Catholic records - https://www.familysearch.org/search/image/index#uri=https%3A%2F%2Fapi.familysearch.org%2Frecords%2Fwaypoint%2F12757217

        And this one for the Dubovica RC records - https://www.familysearch.org/search/image/index#uri=https%3A%2F%2Fapi.familysearch.org%2Frecords%2Fwaypoint%2F12757750

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 3, 2012
          Michael, All surnames listed are all related to me in some way or another. I'm looking for birth,marriage, death, immgration records. These people are related to my great-grandfather family and few on my dad mother side which are Belush,Kimock.

          > JoAnne,
          > You have a very long list of surnames. And you know that that are all from Zborov and Dubovica, Slovakia. What exactly are you searching for concerning them?
          >
          > This is the link to the Zborov online Roman Catholic records - https://www.familysearch.org/search/image/index#uri=https%3A%2F%2Fapi.familysearch.org%2Frecords%2Fwaypoint%2F12757217
          >
          > And this one for the Dubovica RC records - https://www.familysearch.org/search/image/index#uri=https%3A%2F%2Fapi.familysearch.org%2Frecords%2Fwaypoint%2F12757750

        • Michael Mojher
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 3, 2012
            JoAnne,
            The two links I gave for the places you named in Slovakia would be where to look for the birth, marriage and death records.
            http://www.stevemorse.org/ This will take you to a website that is excellent for looking for immigration records. When the window opens click on Ellis Island Gold Form (1892-1924):
            Ellis Island opened in 1892. They had a fire in 1897 that destroyed all the records going back to 1855. So if you relatives came in during that time frame you will not be able to find them.
            Pre-Ellis Island records - Castle Garden years (1855-1891) plus other New York Arrivals are under this heading. The is a $ by some heading, which means you have to be a member of Ancestry. com to view them.
            1879 Rubaczky Erzsebet bride 18 y.old single Lukacs Janos groom 25 y.old single county: Trebisov
            I tried two sources to see if I could find something on Rubaczky, this is the only thing I found. A search for Rubacky found nothing.
            http://www.iabsi.com/gen/public/toolbox.htm This is a link to a page that is filled with genealogy “tools”. If you want to search for surnames you can use -
            a.. Slovakia Surame & Settlement search (instructions), do click on and read (instructions) first. An example: MARTINÁK sa na Slovensku v roku 1995 nachádzalo 200×, celkový počet lokalít: 63, najčastejšie výskyty v lokalitách: This tells you that the surname Martinak in the 1995 Census had 200 listing in 63 locations.
            a.. Happy hunting.

            --- In mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com, "Michael Mojher" <mgmojher@...> wrote:

            > JoAnne,
            > You have a very long list of surnames. And you know that that are all from Zborov and Dubovica, Slovakia. What exactly are you searching for concerning them?
            >
            > This is the link to the Zborov online Roman Catholic records - https://www.familysearch.org/search/image/index#uri=https%3A%2F%2Fapi.familysearch.org%2Frecords%2Fwaypoint%2F12757217
            >
            > And this one for the Dubovica RC records - https://www.familysearch.org/search/image/index#uri=https%3A%2F%2Fapi.familysearch.org%2Frecords%2Fwaypoint%2F12757750

          • stevemartonak
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 4, 2012
              My grandfather came from Dubovica, so I'm somewhat familiar with the records. Other than MARTINAK, which is "sorta close", none of the other names look familiar. I wonder how much spelling change is reflected in the names you give. My (grandfather's) name MARTONAK is invariably shown as MARTONYAK. The only other name that looks anywhere close is KOPCSAK. There were quite a few SZOPCSAK in Dubovica. Your own name RUBACZKY is sort of similar to RUZSBARSKI which is found in neighboring Lipany.

              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "jerubasky1" <jerubasky1@...> wrote:

              > Hello Everyone: I would like to start out by thank each and everyone of you allowing me to join your group. I hope you can help me out here.
              >
              > I'm looking for information on the following surnames. They are Rubaczky,Rubacky,Superka,Martinak,Kimock,Belush,Czeluch,Matusovics,Kopcsak and Martusovics,Ceperko,Zelenak and Zajacz, Tegy and Matasovitz, Celusnak. I'm also looking for my Great-Grandfather Josef(Joseph) Rubacky brother Michael Rubasky or Rubacky last of resident was Chicago, IL in 1920 and his World War I draft states date of birth as 17 Oct. 1888. After 1920 Census in Chicago,IL he Disappear. All of my relatives come from Zborov,Saris,Slovakia and Dubovica, Slovakia. My Great-Grandparents came to United States around 1886 or 1890's settled in Allegheny City(which is now Pittsburgh)Pennsylvania before finally settling in the Lehigh Valley and McAdoo, Hazelton Pennsylvania area. My Great Grandfather Josef(Joseph) had one sister who Settled in Minneapolis, Minnesota area. I hope to have some luck with this group.
              > JoAnne E.(Rubasky) Kaiman

            • William C. Wormuth
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 4, 2012
                http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/dc/launch?.rand=2fjk32ife0no3.%c2%a0 Martonyak is a spelling that emphasizes the soft !n! as you see in the attachment.

                Why is Kopcsak [Kohp-chahk] close to Martonyak?????
                http://dubovica.wordpress.com/fotogaleria/

                ________________________________
                My grandfather came from Dubovica, so I'm somewhat familiar with the records. Other than MARTINAK, which is "sorta close", none of the other names look familiar. I wonder how much spelling change is reflected in the names you give. My (grandfather's) name MARTONAK is invariably shown as MARTONYAK. The only other name that looks anywhere close is KOPCSAK. There were quite a few SZOPCSAK in Dubovica. Your own name RUBACZKY is sort of similar to RUZSBARSKI which is found in neighboring Lipany.

                --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "jerubasky1" <jerubasky1@...> wrote:

                > Hello Everyone: I would like to start out by thank each and everyone of you allowing me to join your group. I hope you can help me out here.
                >
                > I'm looking for information on the following surnames. They are Rubaczky,Rubacky,Superka,Martinak,Kimock,Belush,Czeluch,Matusovics,Kopcsak and Martusovics,Ceperko,Zelenak and Zajacz, Tegy and Matasovitz, Celusnak. I'm also looking for my Great-Grandfather Josef(Joseph) Rubacky brother Michael Rubasky or Rubacky last of resident was Chicago, IL in 1920 and his World War I draft states date of birth as 17 Oct. 1888. After 1920 Census in Chicago,IL he Disappear. All of my relatives come from Zborov,Saris,Slovakia and Dubovica, Slovakia. My Great-Grandparents came to United States around 1886 or 1890's settled in Allegheny City(which is now Pittsburgh)Pennsylvania before finally settling in the Lehigh Valley and McAdoo, Hazelton Pennsylvania area. My Great Grandfather Josef(Joseph) had one sister who Settled in Minneapolis, Minnesota area. I hope to have some luck with this group.
                > JoAnne E.(Rubasky) Kaiman

              • martha.andras
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 4, 2012
                  Hello JoAnne,

                  I live in Hazleton, PA so I decided to check the phone book for all the names you are searching. Here is what I found: (All listings are in Hazleton unles otherwise noted.) Hope it provides you with some leads!

                  Martha

                  RUBACZKY - no listings

                  RUBACKY, C. - 570-459-6035

                  RUBASKY, Brian - 570-929-3102 (McAdoo, PA)
                  RUBASKY, C. - 570-455-9002
                  RUBASKY, Dorothy - 570-929-2793 (McAdoo, PA)
                  RUBASKY, K. - 570-455-6811

                  SUPERKA - no listings

                  MARTINAK - no listings but I did find MARTINEC, T. - 570-669-6454 (which is Nesquehonning, PA) and MARTINECK, Bernard - 570-455-1881.

                  KIMOCK, Francis - 570-636-0475 (Freeland, PA)
                  KIMOCK, James - 570-454-3739
                  KIMOCK, Paul - 570-454-5538
                  KIMOCK< S.M. - 570-453-0269

                  BELUSH - no listings but there are many for BELUSKO

                  CZELUCH - no listings

                  MATUSOVICS - no listings

                  KOPCSAK - no listings

                  MARTUSOVICS - no listings

                  CEPERKO - no listings

                  ZELENAK, C. - 570-454-9762
                  ZELENAK, Elaine - 570-453-0123
                  ZELENAK, Francis - 570-455-0538
                  ZELENAK, Helen - 570-455-0807
                  ZELENAK, Philip - 570-454-6735
                  ZELENAK, Tim - 570-788-8137 (Drums, PA)

                  ZELENACK, Grace - 570-454-6106
                  ZELENACK, Joseph - 570-788-7911 (Drums, PA)
                  ZELENACK, Joseph, P. - 570-788-4346
                  ZELENACK, Ray - 570-453-6499
                  ZELENACK, T. - 570-455-8405

                  ZAJACZ - no listings

                  TEGY - no listings

                  MATASOVICZ - no listings

                  CELUSNAK - no listings

                  KAIMAN - no listings

                  --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "jerubasky1" <jerubasky1@...> wrote:

                  > Hello Everyone: I would like to start out by thank each and everyone of you allowing me to join your group. I hope you can help me out here.
                  >
                  > I'm looking for information on the following surnames. They are Rubaczky,Rubacky,Superka,Martinak,Kimock,Belush,Czeluch,Matusovics,Kopcsak and Martusovics,Ceperko,Zelenak and Zajacz, Tegy and Matasovitz, Celusnak. I'm also looking for my Great-Grandfather Josef(Joseph) Rubacky brother Michael Rubasky or Rubacky last of resident was Chicago, IL in 1920 and his World War I draft states date of birth as 17 Oct. 1888. After 1920 Census in Chicago,IL he Disappear. All of my relatives come from Zborov,Saris,Slovakia and Dubovica, Slovakia. My Great-Grandparents came to United States around 1886 or 1890's settled in Allegheny City(which is now Pittsburgh)Pennsylvania before finally settling in the Lehigh Valley and McAdoo, Hazelton Pennsylvania area. My Great Grandfather Josef(Joseph) had one sister who Settled in Minneapolis, Minnesota area. I hope to have some luck with this group.
                  > JoAnne E.(Rubasky) Kaiman

                • jerubasky1
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 4, 2012
                    Martha:
                    Thanks for replying to my request. The follow people who are listed here are related to me. Thanks again for checking your local phone book. There are few more of my relatives that live up in Hazlton, McAdoo area.
                    RUBASKY, Brian - 570-929-3102 (McAdoo, PA)
                    > RUBASKY, C. - 570-455-9002
                    > RUBASKY, Dorothy - 570-929-2793 (McAdoo, PA)
                    > RUBASKY, K.

                    My husband family members all live in Nabraska area. I have been tracing my dad side of family since 1991. My Mom side of her family is done in Eastern Europe but work is still progress for the United States part.

                    JoAnne E.(Rubasky) Kaiman

                    --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "martha.andras" <mandras@...> wrote:

                    > Hello JoAnne,
                    >
                    > I live in Hazleton, PA so I decided to check the phone book for all the names you are searching. Here is what I found: (All listings are in Hazleton unles otherwise noted.) Hope it provides you with some leads!
                    >
                    > Martha
                    >
                    > RUBACZKY - no listings
                    >
                    > RUBACKY, C. - 570-459-6035
                    >
                    > RUBASKY, Brian - 570-929-3102 (McAdoo, PA)
                    > RUBASKY, C. - 570-455-9002
                    > RUBASKY, Dorothy - 570-929-2793 (McAdoo, PA)
                    > RUBASKY, K. - 570-455-6811
                    >
                    > SUPERKA - no listings
                    >
                    > MARTINAK - no listings but I did find MARTINEC, T. - 570-669-6454 (which is Nesquehonning, PA) and MARTINECK, Bernard - 570-455-1881.
                    >
                    > KIMOCK, Francis - 570-636-0475 (Freeland, PA)
                    > KIMOCK, James - 570-454-3739
                    > KIMOCK, Paul - 570-454-5538
                    > KIMOCK< S.M. - 570-453-0269
                    >
                    > BELUSH - no listings but there are many for BELUSKO
                    >
                    > CZELUCH - no listings
                    >
                    > MATUSOVICS - no listings
                    >
                    > KOPCSAK - no listings
                    >
                    > MARTUSOVICS - no listings
                    >
                    > CEPERKO - no listings
                    >
                    > ZELENAK, C. - 570-454-9762
                    > ZELENAK, Elaine - 570-453-0123
                    > ZELENAK, Francis - 570-455-0538
                    > ZELENAK, Helen - 570-455-0807
                    > ZELENAK, Philip - 570-454-6735
                    > ZELENAK, Tim - 570-788-8137 (Drums, PA)
                    >
                    > ZELENACK, Grace - 570-454-6106
                    > ZELENACK, Joseph - 570-788-7911 (Drums, PA)
                    > ZELENACK, Joseph, P. - 570-788-4346
                    > ZELENACK, Ray - 570-453-6499
                    > ZELENACK, T. - 570-455-8405
                    >

                    > ZAJACZ - no listings
                    >
                    > TEGY - no listings
                    >
                    > MATASOVICZ - no listings
                    >
                    > CELUSNAK - no listings
                    >
                    > KAIMAN - no listings
                    >

                    > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "jerubasky1" <jerubasky1@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hello Everyone: I would like to start out by thank each and everyone of you allowing me to join your group. I hope you can help me out here.
                    > >
                    > > I'm looking for information on the following surnames. They are Rubaczky,Rubacky,Superka,Martinak,Kimock,Belush,Czeluch,Matusovics,Kopcsak and Ceperko,Zelenak and Zajacz, Tegy and Matasovitz, Celusnak. I'm also looking for my Great-Grandfather Josef(Joseph) Rubacky brother Michael Rubasky or Rubacky last of resident was Chicago, IL in 1920 and his World War I draft states date of birth as 17 Oct. 1888. After 1920 Census in Chicago,IL he Disappear. All of my relatives come from Zborov,Saris,Slovakia and Dubovica, Slovakia. My Great-Grandparents came to United States around 1886 or 1890's settled in Allegheny City(which is now Pittsburgh)Pennsylvania before finally settling in the Lehigh Valley and McAdoo, Hazelton Pennsylvania area. My Great Grandfather Josef(Joseph) had one sister who Settled in Minneapolis, Minnesota area. I hope to have some luck with this group.
                    > > JoAnne E.(Rubasky) Kaiman

                  • stevemartonak
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 4, 2012
                      My asumption has been that the "ny" was simply the Hungarian transcription of the slovak soft "n" without necessarily showing any emphasis. FWIW most of the MARTONYAKs, not that there were that many, that made it to America dropped the "N" after they got here. An exception being a handful in Pennsylvania. All the MARTON(Y)AKs that I've had contact with can be traced back to Dubovica. Spellings such as MARTINAK and MARTINEC don't seem to be related.

                      With some imagination - well maybe a lot -I can see how KOPCSAK might be a mis-transcription of a badly written SZOPCSAK, of which there were several in Dubovica.