[S-R] Re: JANKANICS - Death Record

  • creativelr
    Message 1 of 50 , Feb 2 9:37 AM
      Hi everyone,

      Thanks Vera. Google actually has an entire translation website, which I often use. You can put entire paragraphs into a box and translate from whatever language you have to whatever language you choose. You can also translate entire websites by putting the url into the google search box, waiting for it to come up in the results and under the title on the right side are the words "translate this.." and it will translate it (roughly) into the language you are using already. I have also used Bablefish (spelling might be off). There are also numerous site with church record book and genealogy words and terms that can be extremely helpful. But, this group is so valuable in so many ways!

      Ladislav, thank you for your translation. I think we can all agree that as a group we have pretty much figured out the gist of this, so thanks for everyone's help.

      And, I'd like to add to the discussion about political and/or cultural definitions of who we are. I know that this 2g-gma was a German Lutheran who spoke Slovak. She married a Greek Catholic and they raised the kids Greek Catholic. They were married in her church and all the children's birth records were found in the Greek Catholic church books. Other than her being German, I don't know what anyone else was, but there was never any question about their religion. She made it clear that she raised the kids GC for her husband. I would have loved to have known them in their time and place.

      Have a great day everyone. It's unseasonably warm in Chicago.

      Linda

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, vera holman <veracious.h@...> wrote:

      > Friends, I heard placing a word or phrase into Goodle translantion, you
      > might get you answer.
      > Blessings,
      > Vera
    • helene cincebeaux
      Message 50 of 50 , Feb 8 5:46 PM
        Hi Elaine - only your listing but I have 2 for Drabischak - contact me directly for info.
        Great year so far - hope the same for you! My husband is home after 3 months in hospital and nursing home and doing great - a miracle!

        helene
        helenezx@...