Re: [S-R] grandparents

  • Ron Matviyak
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2001
      Now if you explain the source of your spelling, people may be able to help
      more precisely. Is the document mainly in Slovak, Hungarian or German? I
      do not have the old spellings, but here are three for speculation:

      Banovec could be a spelling for Banovce, given the vagaries of time and
      phonetic spellings that sometimes take place. There is a Banovce nad
      Ondavou in Slovakia if that is interesting. There is also a Ban^vice and a
      Banovce nad Bebravou.

      Ron