Re: [S-R] Feb 12 Event in Cleveland Area

  • Caye Caswick
    Message 1 of 27 , Feb 1, 2012

      Helene, can you please send me an invitation (and copy my cc e-mail address, it's my cousin in Cleveland) -- Thanks!

      Caye Caswick

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 27 , Feb 3, 2012
        HI CAYE - So sorry for delay - my internet was off for several datys and lost a bunch of stuff

        please e mail bonnie burke
        Bonnie@...

        she can send you the invite - it wa soooo pretty and also to yoru cousin - sounds like a good time

        helene

        Helene, can you please send me an invitation (and copy my cc e-mail address, it's my cousin in Cleveland) -- Thanks!

        Caye Caswick

        ________________________________
        A Feb. 12 afternoon event in the Cleveland, Ohio area will focus on Winter Celebrations of Our Eastern European Ancestors from 2:30 - 6 pm in Bedford OH. It's being sponsored by the Cleveland Chapter of the Carpatho-Rusyn Society and Dean Poloka, Director of the famed Slavjane dance group, will be the featured speaker. A Carpatho-Rusyn folk group Living Traditions Folk Ensemble is slated to perform along with exhibits showing how our ancestors kept warm in the winter plus dinner.

        If anyone would like more info - e mail me directly and i will forward the invitation. Sign up deadline is Feb. 7.

        helene

      • therrienmaryann
        Message 3 of 27 , Mar 1, 2012
          Hi Nancy, I have researched this family because the family names turn to "RENDOSH" in Clearfield and Jefferson counties in Pa. Have you run across any ARENDAS,ARENDOSH,ARENDASZ,FERENCE or KURUTZ names associated? Thank you, Mary Ann

          > Paraňová -
          >
          > http://www.zoznam.sk/hladaj.fcgi?co=telzoznam&s=Paranova&mesto=&ulica=&psc=0&uto=&net_fixed=1&net_mobile=1&net_alt=1
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Michael Mojher
          Message 4 of 27 , Mar 1, 2012
            Nancy,
            In the Plavnica records I found a birth: Entry #15, February 15, 1868 Theresa, Parents: Joannes Paranya, Ing (no mother listed), Residence: 172 Plavnica, God-parents: Joannes Knapik and Ann Starinski. No Jacob that year.

            --- In mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS%40yahoogroups.com, "William C. Wormuth" <senzus@...> wrote:

            > Paraňová -
            >
            > http://www.zoznam.sk/hladaj.fcgi?co=telzoznam&s=Paranova&mesto=&ulica=&psc=0&uto=&net_fixed=1&net_mobile=1&net_alt=1

          • Nancy Wrana
            Message 5 of 27 , Mar 2, 2012
              Hi: So far I have only been copying information from others who have researched the Rendos line. I do plan to look into my maternal grandmother. I will keep those names in mind: Nancy