Facts in the archives

  • tom geiss
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2012
      Whenever a child is taken to be baptised the priest gets his information from the family, or whoever brings the child in.
      I'm not sure how this happened, but our own Benjamin Franklin had an illigetimate son, AND THEY'RE NOT SURE WHO THE MOTHER WAS??
      I have a copy of my grandmother's death certificate, and ,according to the information given them by a family member, her mother's name was listed as, "EMILY UNKNOWN"??
      Of course I now know , from my own research, that her mother's name was not EMILY, but MARIA.

      Unfortunately history isn't always as precise as some would like. Tom