Re: [S-R] For Laura

  • kevin zawrazk
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 23, 2012
      From: betseyleeb <betseyleeb@...>
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, January 23, 2012 9:35 AM
      Subject: [S-R] For Laura

      Hi Laura,
      There is a new facebook page for Czech and Slovakia research that you might consider liking: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Czechoslovakia-Genealogy-Research-Community/194902290592879
      I am not very good yet at finding places but I found two places on Wikipedia called Pucov.
      Wikipedia "Pucov may refer to several places in Czech republic and Slovakia. But if it is this the Pucov below there are now church records for the Brno archive available at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Czech_Republic If you need help getting started post over at Facebook because I will see you sooner there.

      Pucov (Tøebíè District), Czech Republic
      Pucov, Dolný Kubín District, Slovakia"

      Wikipedia "Chlebnice is a village and municipality in Dolný Kubín District in the Žilina Region of northern Slovakia."

      JewishGen Gazateer came up with nothing for Pocove. but had this for Chlebice.
      Chlebnice populated place
      49°14' N 19°28' E

      E M U G

      Slovakia
      130.4 miles NE of Bratislava 48°9' N 17°7' E

      I put your towns into www.genteam.at into the gazatteer. It did not come up with Chlebice but it came up with this
      No.: 63439
      Former Location Name:Putzow
      Location name: Pucov
      Parish: Jinosov
      Begin of Vital Statistics: 1739/1739/1739
      Former Parish: Mohelno
      Jinosov
      Namest nad Oslavou
      1653/1653/1730
      1739/1739/1739
      1673/1673/1673
      Former Judicial Denomination (Bohemia/Moravia and South Tirol only):Trebic
      Crown Land:Mähren
      Respective Archives:Brünn (Brno)