Re: [S-R] Re: [SLOVAK-ROOTS] Humenne, Slovakia

  • sunysa@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2001
      Amy/Karen:

      My ancestors were from Jasenov, walking distance from Humenne. I visited my family there two years ago, and have photos of some of the town.

      I have also ordered the records of Humenne in the past. Write to me at my e-mail address, and I'll be glad to send the photos.

      Paul Horvat
      sunysa@...

      Some of my family names are Horvat, Tkatsik, Marcincsak, Cserhit, Harakal, Regena, Kozurjak and Petrovcsak

      In a message dated Mon, 5 Feb 2001 5:08:18 PM Eastern Standard Time, "Karen Norton" <knorton2@...> writes:

      << Dear Amy,
      I noticed your posting about your ancestors from Humenne on Slovak-Roots. I
      meant to contact you sooner. I also have ancestors from Humenne, my
      great-grandfather, Andrew Harvan. He was born April 10, 1864 in Humenne and
      emigrated to the U.S., settling in Bridgeport, CT. I know the LDS has
      filmed this town but have not had the chance yet to review them. My Harvan
      line was Roman Catholic. Was interested to know the names of your
      grandparents, if you have gone through any of the LDS films, and, if yes,
      have you come across the Harvan name?

      Karen Norton
      45 Golden Hill
      Lee, MA 01238