address

  • connie ruley
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 5, 2001
      hi iam looking for any one that might know the address
      of the mayor of the town ruskov in the rep. of
      slovak. try going to the postal site but not to sure
      how to pull it up. and i dont read slovak. any help
      would be helpful thank you connie

      a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • SHRitchie
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 5, 2001
        Hi Connie:

        The Slovak Embassy has a web page (I do not have the URL on hand), however,
        when I found it, I emailed them with a request for the names and addresses
        of a couple of mayors and they emailed back promptly with the results.

        Hope this helps.

        Sharon H Ritchie
        Maineville, OH
        warsha2@...

        Cayuga County NYGenExchange Coordinator
        http://www.genexchange.com/county.cfm?state=ny&county=cayuga

        Tompkins County NYGenExchange Coordinator
        http://www.genexchange.com/county.cfm?state=ny&county=tompkins

        Help Keep Genealogy Free, Volunteer At The GenExchange!

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 5, 2001
          sharon i wanted to say thanks and i will wait for your
          email on the address. thanks again connie
          --- SHRitchie <warsha2@...> wrote:
          > Hi Connie:
          >
          > The Slovak Embassy has a web page (I do not have the
          > URL on hand), however,
          > when I found it, I emailed them with a request for
          > the names and addresses
          > of a couple of mayors and they emailed back promptly
          > with the results.
          >
          > Hope this helps.
          >
          > Sharon H Ritchie
          > Maineville, OH
          > warsha2@...
          >
          > Cayuga County NYGenExchange Coordinator

          http://www.genexchange.com/county.cfm?state=ny&county=cayuga

          > Tompkins County NYGenExchange Coordinator

          http://www.genexchange.com/county.cfm?state=ny&county=tompkins

          > Help Keep Genealogy Free, Volunteer At The
          > GenExchange!

        • Gregory J. Kopchak
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 6, 2001
            The Embassy URL is http://www.slovakemb.com

            Greg Kopchak
            It's All Relative

            --- SHRitchie <warsha2@...> wrote:
            > Hi Connie:
            >
            > The Slovak Embassy has a web page (I do not have the
            > URL on hand), however,
            > when I found it, I emailed them with a request for
            > the names and addresses
            > of a couple of mayors and they emailed back promptly
            > with the results.
            >
            > Hope this helps.
            >
            > Sharon H Ritchie
            > Maineville, OH
            > warsha2@...
            >
            > Cayuga County NYGenExchange Coordinator

            http://www.genexchange.com/county.cfm?state=ny&county=cayuga

            > Tompkins County NYGenExchange Coordinator

            http://www.genexchange.com/county.cfm?state=ny&county=tompkins

            > Help Keep Genealogy Free, Volunteer At The
            > GenExchange!

          • Bernardine Weigand
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 8, 2001
              Connie, perhaps you have your info. by now, as my e-mail server was down for several days. According to the list I have of postal codes, the one for Ruskov is 04419.

              I don't know the size of Ruskov, but if you addressed your letter to the mayor, even without a street address, he would probably receive it.

              Unlike addressing in the US, the postal code is written before the town name.

              The Slovak embassy here in the US was very prompt about responding when I requested the mayor's name and address of my village (when you access the site there is an e-mail address to click on). However, their files had not been updated, as they supplied me with the name of a mayor who was no longer in office. The postal code was correct and I did receive a response from the mayor via e-mail. I wrote my letters late spring in 2000.

              Good luck in your search.
              Bernardine Weigand

              P. S. The web site I have for postal codes is:
              http://www.eunet.sk/cgi-bin/get-psc?++

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 8, 2001
                wanted to say thank you. i will save it just in case i
                might need it or the zip cords connie