Re: [S-R] Please read! new instructions!

  • sawdust4@execpc.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 2, 2001
      > If you are going to do gaming on the computer, make sure you have at
      least 128 meg of ram. This will also help with photo
      work and scanning. As for the chip, I would go at least600 mhz, 800
      would
      be better
      but stay away form the celeron chip, for about the same money you
      can have a pentium III. I know others may tell you that there is no
      differance
      between a celeron and a pentium, but beleive me, there can be
      compatibility
      problems
      with some software. The celeron chip is one way they can hold down
      prices
      and compete
      with other company simply on price. But is that what you want from
      your
      computer, somthing that
      was build simply to compete in a price war? Im not saying some e-
      machines
      arent good, I am using
      one to send this message, but it has a pentium chip inside. If you
      want to
      get into details deeper than
      this, send me a private email.

      Jim the Slovak